MR6150 does not do carrier aggregation

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
matteolo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MR6150 does not do carrier aggregation

Post by matteolo »

Hi,
I purchased the MR6150-100NAS from Amazon.com and am using it in Italy with an Italian operator.
I saw that this model supports the same 4G bands as in italy. However, I can't do Carrier Aggregation and I don't understand why.

I have tried creating individual B1, B3 and B7 bands with the following commands and they work correctly 1by1.

Code: Select all

AT!BAND=02, "LTE B1",0,1
AT!BAND=03, "LTE B3",0,4
AT!BAND=05, "LTE B7",0,40
When I try to create the band b3+b7 with this command, the band is created in the software but when I selected I still using only one band simultaneously and the software fails to perform carrier aggregation.

Code: Select all

AT!BAND=07, "LTE B3+B7",0,44
It makes me select it correctly but then fails to aggregate them.
My firmware in use is NTGX65_10.04.22.00

The carrier in use "WIND" supports carrier aggregation because with the old MR1100 model I was able with the same SIM card to do 4CA.

Can you help me ?
Thank you very much for anyone who tries to help me

w1lliam

Re: MR6150 does not do carrier aggregation

Post by w1lliam »

The Web GUI on page Diagnostic does not show you CA status, you need to issue "at !gstatus" and "at !gstatus5g" to get CA status while pushing traffics over the device
matteolo

Post by matteolo »

w1lliam wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:34 am The Web GUI on page Diagnostic does not show you CA status, you need to issue "at !gstatus" and "at !gstatus5g" to get CA status while pushing traffics over the device
Hi W1lliam,
I'm using this hack https://youtu.be/whsjPLPR7RU?t=175 to see it also in web browser and shot 0CA means that doesn't do any aggregation.
Also the speed is slow, maximum at 70mb rather than 150mb that I reach with Netgear M1 EU version.

There are some way to unlock this firmware or to upload new firmware EU version?

Thanks for help me
w1lliam

Post by w1lliam »

CA is controlled by the FW, so no way to change it so far. And, Netgear is not releasing FW after M1, not likely you can upgrade the FW manually.

MR5100-1TLAUS does possible to unlock bands as MR5200-100EUS, so far seems all M6 is hard coded bands' support.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

@matteolo

These sierra devices have control files for everything, they have control files for the control files.
for CA, it has a list of approved carriers by PLMN
ca.PNG
This is from M5 but M6 has similar tables, I do not have firmware for m6 on this pc I am on now to show you them.

These devices have utilities built in that are responsible for CA and the values it holds therein and these files really should not be modded manually unless you know what you are doing as dependency files as well as file attributes need to be altered also and failing to do so can and will end with no service, boot loop or worse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
matteolo

Post by matteolo »

@ Rich Hathaway

Where I need to put this code?

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”