Usb3 to m2 enclosure assembly

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
farberm
Has thanked: 0

Usb3 to m2 enclosure assembly

Post by farberm »

I just purchased this from wireless haven and have 3 questions.

1. When connecting the antennas does it matter what side I put the split lock and and the Lock washer. I assume the lock is on the outside and the split lock washer on the inside?

2. There was a grey rectangular rubber piece in the packaging. Not sure what that is for?

3. If I am using the unit with a Quectel EM20 do I need to change and of the jumpers? I do not think I do just checking.
Didneywhorl

Re: Usb3 to m2 enclosure assembly

Post by Didneywhorl »

farberm wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:20 pm I just purchased this from wireless haven and have 3 questions.

1. When connecting the antennas does it matter what side I put the split lock and and the Lock washer. I assume the lock is on the outside and the split lock washer on the inside?
Star washer inside, split on the outside.
farberm wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:20 pm 2. There was a grey rectangular rubber piece in the packaging. Not sure what that is for?
Thermal heat pad to be placed between the modem and the pcb of the adapter. Take off the plastic sheets on the outside of the soft grey thermal pad. Its kind of like formed clay.
farberm wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:20 pm 3. If I am using the unit with a Quectel EM20 do I need to change and of the jumpers? I do not think I do just checking.
No jumpers used at all for all Quectel modems new and old.

:)
farberm
Has thanked: 0

Re: Usb3 to m2 enclosure assembly

Post by farberm »

thx

Return to “Questions and Support”