LT18 - How to set up IPv6 VPN?

Pfhortune
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LT18 - How to set up IPv6 VPN?

Post by Pfhortune »

Hey all,

I've got a situation with my Cudy LT18 wherein I need to set up a VPN over IPv6 (because T-Mobile will only work with IPv6 now for my Calyx line), but cannot get anything to work. The web UI for setting up VPNs is horrible, giving no indication of the status other than connected/disconnected. Additionally, the form validation prevents the usage of IPv6 addresses in the Wireguard Client config, making it impossible to set up.

Has anyone successfully set up either Wireguard or OpenVPN with IPv6 to get back into the IPv4 world on the LT18? Is there a way to bail out of Cudy's custom UI and use OpenWRT's LuCI?

Thanks!
Didneywhorl

Re: LT18 - How to set up IPv6 VPN?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Are you sure you have an IPV6 capable VPN? I've only seen IPV4 capable VPNs.
Pfhortune
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pfhortune »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:16 pm Are you sure you have an IPV6 capable VPN? I've only seen IPV4 capable VPNs.
Yeah, I use Mullvad and they provide the IPv6 addresses of their servers.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

You'll need to use the IPV6 capable client from Mullvad. The current software for openWRT based routers doesn't support IPV6 that I've found just yet. Since Cudy doesn't let anyone update or add packages to their firmware, you would have to ask them directly for a custom firmware modification.

Mullvad supports it, but your VPN client has to be able to use it. You'll have to use their "latest custom mullvad client" it seems.

Return to “Cudy”