TP Link Router Question

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
randylo
Has thanked: 0

TP Link Router Question

Post by randylo »

I am planning to purchase a TP-Link AC 1750 router to use as AP because the wifi on my ZBT WG1608 sucks. The instructions for the TP Link state the following in one of the steps:
“You’ll want to change the LAN IP address of the TP-Link router to the IP address on the same segment of your primary router. The address needs to be outside the DHCP range of your primary router.”

How do I do this? For example, when I log in to my ZBT, I go to Network-Interfaces-Lan-General Settings and protocol is set to static ip- and IPv4 is 192.168.1.1 and IPv4 netmask is 255.255.255.0 and then IPv4 Broadcast is 192.168.1.255 Then when I go to the DHCP Server section under start it has 100 and under Limit it is set to 150.

My question is, what would be an appropriate IP address to set on the TP Link that is in the same segment as my wg1608 but that is also outside the DHCP range? I know that this is such a simple answer but not knowing a think about tech, can you please help me out.

On a side note, a gentleman here suggested a Vilo mesh system and it looks pretty solid but I just need an access point and the TP Link routers have a button selection for AP through the GUI. Thank you.

Return to “ZBT Routers”