WG1608 fan header specs?

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
macuseri686

WG1608 fan header specs?

Post by macuseri686 »

Hi, i have a WG1608 i purchased from thewirelesshaven, and a quectel rm502q-ae with the copper heatsink. Im trying to deal with an issue where the modem will get a speed of like 80mbps down within the first 10-20 mins of being on, and then after that it goes down and stays down at like 30-40mbps down. if i restart it with `at+cfun=1,1`, it goes right back up to like 80, but for only like 20 mins. the modem doesnt seem to bee too hot. its only around 60c normally, but i want to try a fan and drill some holes in the top of the case for the fan. i had previously bought a noctua 5v fan https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NEMGCIA?ps ... ct_details based on a very hard to find spec sheet on aliexpress stating that the wg1608 fan header was 5v, but that didnt work. no spin or anything. is there like a setting somewhere i need to change to get the fan to turn on? is the fan header even 5v? (i guess i could get my multimeter out and test it lol :P). is that even supposed to be a fan header?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
user232

Re: WG1608 fan header specs?

Post by user232 »

Interested in what you find out.
It appears the silkscreened labels on the board label the pins from left to right as Ground, tx, rx, 3v3
I think that may mean those pins are for testing transmission/receive etc?
Fan headers usually are indexed to ensure its plugged in the right way as well I think.
I assume there may be a place to mod in a fan connection if one doesnt exist but I am just a novice in that field.
-----
before doing this, have you tried using a fan (connected to a power supply) to see if cooling even helps? Blowing a large fan or other source of air would also work well enough to test it to see if cooling is your issue?
egauk

Re: WG1608 fan header specs?

Post by egauk »

I have a wg1608 on order and I am wondering the same. My hope is that I can use a RPi 5v fan that also operates at 3v (at a reduced speed) and connect that to GND and 3v3. Will reply back with what I find.

Return to “ZBT Routers”