T-Mobile $20 tablet plan experience

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

T-Mobile $20 tablet plan experience

Post by gscheb »

Hello,

Called T-Mobile they told me can get a $20 stand alone tablet plan. It is unlimited data and video streaming at 480p. In the past have used Magenta Max phone plane but never tried to use a tablet plan. Has anyone out there tried this?

Or any other service plans anyone knows about to use?
Orlimar1

Re: T-Mobile $20 tablet plan experience

Post by Orlimar1 »

I have a couple of the $10 Magenta Business tablet plans with TI or taxes included. Video is limited to 480p. But many can get 720p out of it. If you contact T-Mobile on Twitter or Facebook you can ask for the HDPass to get up to 1080p easily. Some say it's no longer available. But I heard of someone getting it a couple of weeks ago.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Thanks,

Other than the video throttling is the speed similar to the phone line plans? Are you using one of these for home internet use?
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

Where we're at in Illinois we get poor T-Mo service. 100' west of me in a corn field I can get 80 down. But there are trees between me and the tower. So it's a no go without a TALL tower. However we're heading to our place in Florida on Tuesday evening. I'll be doing some testing down there. I have a few different devices I can test with. But the one I'm most excited about is the Cudy P5 for it's simplicity and 5g. I'll try to remember to update this later this week or next week.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Guess what my biggest quest is will these work in a router device? Have you tried it?
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

gscheb wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:39 am Guess what my biggest quest is will these work in a router device? Have you tried it?
I know it will if you have done magic on your router. I'd get the free Samsung tablet with the line so you have a valid imei to use. It would also lock you in at the $10 price since you'd be "under contract." I've also used it in a Z Fold 4 and 13 Pro Max as well. Not sure how long that would last though until they booted you.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

So now I called and they said the stand alone tablet plan for T-Mobile is $60. The $20 price is if you have phone lines there. Allot of the companies are going to this now it seems.

Rather just pay the extra $5 and get a magenta max phone line. With the 55+ plan.
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

T-Mobile Business = 877-347-2127 If you're having problems.

Internal T-Mobile's plan names:
"Bus Unl Tablet 10 GB HS TE" = Taxes and fees extra. SOC code ZB10HSTE
"Bus Unl Tablet 10 GB HS TI" = Taxes and fees included. SOC code ZB10HSTI

For adding HD Video Pass use SOC code : HDVPASS0

Return to “Internet Service Providers”