LT18 with Verizon Business Hotspot Plan

Deplorable
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LT18 with Verizon Business Hotspot Plan

Post by Deplorable »

I currently have a Verizon business hotspot plan that came with a simple hotspot. Unfortunately this hotspot does not have an ethernet port, usb port for tethering or any other way to really use it for the whole house. The plan caps out at 300Gb, but it would be ok for our off the grid cabin.

I am overwhelmed with the amount of information, but I really like the Cudy LT18 router from everything I've seen.

At the cabin - I can get a really good Verizon signal and a weak T-Mobile signal. I am ok with spending anywhere under 150 / month on reliable internet access.

Does anyone have any experience with getting an LT18 to work with a Verizon hotspot sim? I understand that this may mean changing the personality of the LT.
Didneywhorl

Re: LT18 with Verizon Business Hotspot Plan

Post by Didneywhorl »

You can accomplish with the following and be able to upgrade to 5G later if you want to: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/route ... dle-em160/

Super simple to set with the Verizon hotspot. You can downgrade to the Quectel EM12 too if you want to save a few dollars.

https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/route ... dle-em12g/
Deplorable
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Deplorable »

Ok, are you saying I may be able to pop my hotspot sim into this router and it will just work? no personality changes required? The reason I was looking at the Cudy LT18 is for the ability to add mesh repeaters around the house.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Shouldn't be any different than the LT18 as far as that is concerned, but Verizon can be not fun to work with without personality changes. It's starting to become the only way to use anything not sold in their Verizon stores.

As far as mesh, I would go with VILO instead. I think Cudy mesh is fine, but it's just OK.

Return to “Cudy”