Simple Mobile sim kit and old iphone TFW Verizon not T-Mobile

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
bvwelch

Simple Mobile sim kit and old iphone TFW Verizon not T-Mobile

Post by bvwelch »

Greetings, Having been encouraged several times to try out T-Mobile, and not finding an actual T-Mobile sim kit locally, I grabbed a green simple mobile kit and matching $25 plan. I was surprised when I put it in my old iphone6, that it comes up with TFW. Worse, I seem to be trottled to 128K or some such -- on the iphone itself trying to do a speed test.

I may try and order an actual T-mobile sim, or give up and go with Visible.

This is for a usb tethered setup. It will be a 2nd tethered setup -- my existing one is working fine -- thanks to BillA suggestion about a year ago. It happens to be AT&T prepaid. I could go with AT&T on the 2nd setup but wanted to use a different carrier just as a backup / alternative.

So, I guess this is just a heads up mostly , but if anyone has suggestions to unthrottle this simple mobile plan, I am all ears. Note -- the iphone itself is throttled.
mtl26637

Re: Simple Mobile sim kit and old iphone TFW Verizon not T-Mobile

Post by mtl26637 »

SimpleMobile was just one of Tracfone's various front names until this year they were purchased by Verizon. Earlier this year there was a huge push by Vzw to "upgrade" devices and sims and sent Vzw branded sims and secretly swapped customers to vzw towers. Had SimpleMobile for a few years until all of this happened and dropped them and went with actual Tmo plans. Was a nightmare to say the least.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”