How screwed am I if my Mr5100 device is in a boot loop?

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
ForIAmMe
Been thanked: 0

How screwed am I if my Mr5100 device is in a boot loop?

Post by ForIAmMe »

I can get it to register on fastboot but I don't have the firmware files with which to flash it.

Other than that it just loops. Is there anything I can do?

Device is MR5100 - Originally ATT
Rich Hathaway

Re: How screwed am I if my Mr5100 device is in a boot loop?

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Unfortunately, there is no leaked firmware for it or patched loader for SDX55 yet.
I can restore it, you can msg me about it if you wish.
ForIAmMe

Post by ForIAmMe »

Thanks Rich. Done!
Darx_Tek
Has thanked: 0

Post by Darx_Tek »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:04 am Unfortunately, there is no leaked firmware for it or patched loader for SDX55 yet.
I can restore it, you can msg me about it if you wish.
Hey rich, i have a MR5100 that im having issues with.
no matter what i cant open port 5510 or 23 anymore. i made some erorros and factory reset ot knowing it would lock me out. would a restore help?
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

If that thing boots up you don't need to restore it if the ports were working before you reset it, and they are not working now after a hard reset, I would reset it again, hard reset only disables the hard ports but not the static 5510 RNDIS port, so if it's not working reset it again and try it after that if it's still not working I would try to connect thru it on another device, maybe your connected device is tying up the port and not releasing it, also check that the Remote NDIS driver is getting loaded if it's not that's why you can't connect.
Darx_Tek
Has thanked: 0

Post by Darx_Tek »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:26 am If that thing boots up you don't need to restore it if the ports were working before you reset it, and they are not working now after a hard reset, I would reset it again, hard reset only disables the hard ports but not the static 5510 RNDIS port, so if it's not working reset it again and try it after that if it's still not working I would try to connect thru it on another device, maybe your connected device is tying up the port and not releasing it, also check that the Remote NDIS driver is getting loaded if it's not that's why you can't connect.
tried 3 diff. PCs and 1 i did full wipe and did not connect to Wifi at all after install, used putty portable and still cant access 5510 or 23, now im just trying to do magic again, and double check my TTL settings
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:26 am check that the Remote NDIS driver is getting loaded if it's not that's why you can't connect.

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”