WE826Q_7455 --> 7465

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
opieight
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826Q_7455 --> 7465

Post by opieight »

Good morning, everyone!

I have been using my we826q router with the 7455 modem (ATT) for some time and it has been working very well!
I decided to upgrade to the 7465 and assumed it was plug and play.

well, the 7465 does not even show up in the "network status" page when installed.

My intention is to use a m.2-->usb3.0 adapter with sim slot and use the USB on the front of the we826, but the modem doesn't exist in the WE826 (Firmware GoldenOrb_2021-01-20) general info page of the router setup

When I plug the m.2 adapter into my windows PC, the Sierra modem is recognized, it's just looking for drivers in windows. This eliminates my assumption of a bad modem.

Question now is, how do I get the router to recognize the 7465 modem?

I have been perusing the topics and using the search tab but have been seeing a lot of people bricking their unit because of following the wrong procedure.

Any help/assistance/direction with my upgrade would be appreciated.

-Opi
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826Q_7455 --> 7465

Post by Didneywhorl »

Post all the details here: https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/ ... =-1#bottom

It's likely that that specific modem isn't in the routers PID database so the firmware has no clue what it is.

Return to “General and Unclassified”