KuWfi CPE812 Issue

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
67firebird
Has thanked: 0

KuWfi CPE812 Issue

Post by 67firebird »

Hey all, I'm new here, but have been lurking for a bit, playing with various cheap CAT4/6 routers with some various services here at the house. Today, I received a KuWfi CPE812 CAT6 with an EP06-A modem that I picked up on Amazon for <$100.

I cannot for the life of me get this to work with my visible card even after following various threads issuing AT commands to set APNs, etc.

Question - The typical way to get into recovery like the WE826 does not seem to work on this particular model. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to what to try, because this would be a great little unit if it supported GoldenOrb, etc.

Thanks all!
67firebird

Re: KuWfi CPE812 Issue

Post by 67firebird »

UPDATE - After fiddling with some various settings, this thing would not pull an address until I set AT+QCFG="usbnet",2 to AT+QCFG="usbnet",0 for whatever reason. I messed around with CA settings and found 5, 66 to work best in my area, reaching upwards of 60Mbps down, and 20ish up. Not too awful bad for a cheap router!
67firebird

Post by 67firebird »

For anyone else with strange issues, this thing is a whiny baby, and firewall/routing fully finishes after the dial-up connection is established so will not pass data, although it shows a WAN IP.

Setting AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1 to AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",0,1 (auto scan type) delayed the connection long enough for the router to fully start, LTE to connect, and DHCP to happen with correct routes to the net.
67firebird

Post by 67firebird »

Another update -
I've been back and forth with KuWfi support about how this unit will randomly not connect properly. One time powering up, it'll connect, pull an IP, and actually pass traffic with no intervention. The next, it'll power up, connect, pull an ip, and not pass traffic without intervention (to reinit the modem). Very, frustrating.

PS - This thing would be fantastic if it worked correctly, or worked with goldenorb. ;)

Return to “General and Unclassified”