mofi 4500v2 sim4 not seeing sim card? Module or firmware

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
larryb1963
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

mofi 4500v2 sim4 not seeing sim card? Module or firmware

Post by larryb1963 »

I'm new to the forum and have some wifi flashing experience. I purchased this on ebay knowing it has a sim card issue. I flashed the newest firmware and still no sim card seen. did the Sierra module reset.it has the Sierra Mc7455 module is this a firmware issue or bad module ? I have inspected the card slot and tried other cards with no luck. If the card is bad does anyone have advise on a replacement card equal or better, then what I have. Thank you for reading this.
Didneywhorl

Re: mofi 4500v2 sim4 not seeing sim card? Module or firmware

Post by Didneywhorl »

You could use a modem adapter with SIM slot and see if the router will read the sim from there. You may still have a sim slot issue.

If AT+ICCID returns ( or AT!ICCID? I think) returns SIM slot error, you may have a modem issue, but not 100% for sure. Always try different things, like putting the modem in an adapter.

One like this can work on the router and a PC: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/mini- ... rd-slot-2/
larryb1963
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: mofi 4500v2 sim4 not seeing sim card? Module or firmware

Post by larryb1963 »

Thank you for fast reply I ordered an adaptor on eBay $9 looks like a neat toy to try. thank you I will research how to run the (AT command ) I did that many years ago with windows vista on a elm obd2 adaptor . LOL

Return to “MoFi Routers”