NEXP1GO - Signal info never changes

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tetranz

NEXP1GO - Signal info never changes

Post by tetranz »

Is this supposed to change dynamically?

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 9.26.32 AM.png

Mine doesn't change. I'm just using it with the little whip antennas but I can move it around the room and even remove the antennas and sure enough, the connection disappears but the numbers never change. Is that normal?

It has a EM7565 modem and the update setting at the bottom of that page is set to fast,10 seconds.

I think it only changes when the router reboots and/or the modem reconnects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXP1GO - Signal info never changes

Post by Didneywhorl »

Might be bugged.

What version (date) are you using?
tetranz

Post by tetranz »

Latest version firmware. 2022-03-23a.

I finally splashed out on a Cudy LT18 and the NEXP1GO is now relegated to being a spare router / modem. It had a handful of problems. None of them showstoppers but a source of frustration.
AlteredLogic

Post by AlteredLogic »

@tetranz
How is the Cudy LT18 doing? I've been thinking about getting the Cudy P5 which is the 5G version that came out recently. Looking for a solid and basic router. OpenWRT gives me too much stress.
tetranz

Post by tetranz »

The Cudy is going great. Everything about it has been smooth and effortless. I have it running Calyx. I'm very happy with it although I probably should have waited for the 5G version.
AlteredLogic

Post by AlteredLogic »

@tetranz
Great to hear, I've heard a lot of positive things about it and wanted to confirm its viability before I bought a Cudy router. Calyx is a pretty good deal last time I looked at it, strong choice. Yeah I almost bought the LT18 but I had found on reddit that the 5G version was coming out very soon so I waited and I looked the other day and it is now available on Amazon for $599.90. I had heard the modem inside the LT18, Quectel EG18, had carrier aggregation issues but maybe Cudy fixed that if yours is working well or maybe it wasn't that serious. Glad its doing great for you and thank you for your reply, it has helped me to want to go with this router.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”