Is my WG3526 bricked?

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
JRod89
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Is my WG3526 bricked?

Post by JRod89 »

So i've got an issue i haven't been able to sort out. I flashed a later firmware to one of my wg3526 routers, then decided to revert back to the previous firmware. I accidently flashed a router backup from said previous firmware rather than flashing the actual firmware. Now I can reach the splash page on that router only, and only by wifi. The ethernet ports are not responsive on the routher, I cannot ping it even after setting a static IP in my PC, which will connect to my other wg3526. Once on the splash screen via wifi, when i select "Router Settings", the screen pops up with "/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:427: /etc/config/luci seems to be corrupt, unable to find section 'main'". I cannot run the bootloader on this router since I cannot connect to it via ethernet cable. Any advice on what to do next?
JRod89

Re: Is my WG3526 bricked?

Post by JRod89 »

No suggestions, guessing my original assumption would be correct….
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The bootloader will work if you use the recovery method. You have to use ethernet though. Set your PC ethernet interface to a static IP of 192.168.1.10

The ethernet ports always respond in recovery mode, to devices in teh same subnet range. It will not hand out DHCP requested IPs, you must be set statically.
JRod89

Post by JRod89 »

I set the Static IP on my PC to that IP before and tried to utilize the recovery mode. Maybe i just wasnt getting the router into recovery mode, I'll try again.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Prob not necessary but ... Make sure to set the gateway as 192.168.1.1

Return to “WiFiX Routers”