Teether MIFI M2000 to WG 3526 Router with Quectel Modem

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
vahnwinkle

Teether MIFI M2000 to WG 3526 Router with Quectel Modem

Post by vahnwinkle »

@Didneywhorl

Okay! I am sure this has run through someone's mind before but I haven't seen this question posted anywhere in the forums so here goes. I have a Calyx sustainer membership with a T-mobile sim and MiFi M2000 hotspot that came with the plan. Upon testing the Mifi M2000 using the Tmobile sim, I was geting over 300mb down and 100 upload. Crazy right! I was happy and was looking forward to using the sim with all the capabilities in my much beefier WG 3526 router with the RM500Q-AE modem using my 2 x 2 external MiMo antennas. Very powerful and expensive set up.

However, I cant use the setup to its full potential. I have had constant issues ever since using the new tmobile sim in my WG3526 and Quectel 5g modem. The IMEI is already spoofed and settings are switched to IPV4 only. Since, IPV6 constantly drops my internet. I cant get anything over 50 mb down and 5 up in the WG3526. However, when I switch the sim back to the Mifi M2000 and connect, I am getting over 300mb down again.

I dont know what else to do! So I was wondering if their was a way to safely teether my Mifi M2000 to my WG 3526 with the Quectel Modem installed? Since I dont know why or how the Mifi is getting these speeds I assume their is some encrypting going on in the background or something is preventing my setup from reaching full potential.

Summary - I basically want to know how to teether my Mifi M2000 to my WG3526 so that i can utilize the MiMo antennas while bypassing the Quectel modem. I just want to use the MiMo antennas for my Mifi M2000 so that I can get a better signal. The only way I figure this can be done is if I use the WG 3526 as a gateway to use the MiMo antennas.

Hope this topic helps other trying to get a better connection using their Mifi M2000s
Didneywhorl

Re: Teether MIFI M2000 to WG 3526 Router with Quectel Modem

Post by Didneywhorl »

Youd have to modify the m2000 to accept antennas, as the m2000 has its modem inside.

Ive also seen this speed difference on the 5G modems. There is something on the m2000 that the 5G modules just isnt initiating. Still figuring it out.
vahnwinkle

Re: Teether MIFI M2000 to WG 3526 Router with Quectel Modem

Post by vahnwinkle »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:18 pm Youd have to modify the m2000 to accept antennas, as the m2000 has its modem inside.

Ive also seen this speed difference on the 5G modems. There is something on the m2000 that the 5G modules just isnt initiating. Still figuring it out.
Thanks for the reply. Yea, their is definitely something conflicting on the Quectel modems vs the MIFI M2000 that's bottle necking the system.

Return to “General and Unclassified”