LT500 wireless bridge mode?

NathaliaBerm

LT500 wireless bridge mode?

Post by NathaliaBerm »

I see that Cudy has had a "mesh" feature for a while now, that allegedly works with 'any' wifi system.

That's cool, but not quite what I am looking for.

I am trying to configure my LT500 as a wireless bridge.

Details: I am not using it as a cellular hotspot/modem/router right now. I just want to be able to pick up a 5ghz wifi signal from my house, and use that via an ethernet jack on the LT500, for storage device in my garage (that doesn't use wifi, it is ethernet only).

I am quite confident the LT500 has the right hardware to do this.

I am less confident in what configuration choices I should make, to enable this. (Note that I do not want the LT500 to act as a DHCP server or router for the garage. I just want to pass through it transparently so my storage device in the garage on ethernet looks and acts like it is on my main network, the wifi network in the house that the LT500 is bridging from.)
NathaliaBerm

Re: LT500 wireless bridge mode?

Post by NathaliaBerm »

To further clarify, using the MESH setup, and scanning for the wifi network I want to bridge, results in nothing being found. I don't consider that a bug or anything. I'm just pointing out that the one obvious thing to try didn't work.
fratermus

Post by fratermus »

NathaliaBerm wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:20 am I am trying to configure my LT500 as a wireless bridge.
look at

Code: Select all

General Settings | WISP
NathaliaBerm

Post by NathaliaBerm »

Thanks I will give that a look.
NathaliaBerm

Post by NathaliaBerm »

fratermus wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:04 pm
NathaliaBerm wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:20 am I am trying to configure my LT500 as a wireless bridge.
look at

Code: Select all

General Settings | WISP
Alright! Confirmed and super easy. Thanks for the assist!
NathaliaBerm

Post by NathaliaBerm »

One more question occurs to me: If I am connecting to a WISP (ie, a source Wifi / WAN via Wifi in a sense) via the 5ghz antennas, should I turn off the 5ghz wifi on the LT500, so that it doesn't waste radio bandwidth trying to send out data on 5ghz? (I only need output from the LT500 via the ethernet LAN port.)

I may have the naming wrong but what I am trying to do it optimize the backhaul by making sure the wireless resources are dedicate to the backhaul.

(FYI, I can tell that I have set up WISP to connect to my main network Wifi on the 5ghz bands because my wifi network uses separate names for 5ghz versa 2 ghz wifi.)

Return to “Cudy”