Cudy LT 18 and Verizon

longleaf

Cudy LT 18 and Verizon

Post by longleaf »

Hello, I have a LT 18 and at my new home we don't have hardly any internet options. My Verizon Phone works decently well. In fact in the mornings I am able to get up to 50 - 70 mbps. It is a business unlimited plan so probably throttled later in the day, but still can get up to 10-20 mbps through the trees with no antenna. No other options as far as data. T-Mobile has no coverage. I tried Cricket and it barely works. Also could not get that working in the LT 18 but since it's slow anyway, why waste the time. I do have a NetBuddy plan that also sucks. It's fast in the morning but terrible at night. At least it's something but looks like I can do the SIM part myself. I do have an extra Verizon Phone so was thinking about getting a SIM in that and trying it out in the LT 18. Verizon's 5G Get More plan should never be throttled, so maybe with the help of an external antenna I can get this to work well. I know the service is there and the speed is there. Will this work? Should I just be able to do the quick Auto set-up and get it to work or do I have to do tricky IMEI command line stuff?

My family is relying on me to get them internet and I'm thus far failing, kinda frustrated here. To the point of not being able to enjoy my new home. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Didneywhorl

Re: Cudy LT 18 and Verizon

Post by Didneywhorl »

Verizon is going to be IMEI locked. Register it in the phone. Verify it works. Make the LT18 look like the phone, swap the SIM over, and it should work. Do not place the SIM in the router with its original modem imei. Verizon will burn that SIM with the quickness. Verizon is a major pain to get working, but it is doable. Dont give it up.

A set of antennas (4x4 MIMO) will help if you have marginal signal.

Sounds like you have tower congestion, so you are going to want the plan that gives the highest network priority to help there. Business plans are usually the go to.
longleaf

Post by longleaf »

Oh my gosh thanks for the information. I believe I just have to figure out how to make the LT 18 look like the the phone. Enter the correct AT command after accessing them at gcom/atcmd. I will get the SIM and give it a try. Thank you!!
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

Hey longleaf - did you get your imei switched okay? It's just so simple on this device.
longleaf

Post by longleaf »

Yes I did! Thanks for all the tips and encouragement. I was timid and nervous about swapping out my SIM, but it really was simple. Took less than 3 minutes! I am using a Verizon's Get More plan and the LT 18 is now consistently faster than my business phone. I get 30-90 down and 6-7 up most of the day. During peak hours I still get throttled down to around 7-20 down and 3-4 up. That is still livable. Huge improvement over the netbuddy plan, which had me less than 1 down in peak hours.

I am about 750 meters form the Verizon tower but have a lot of trees in the way. The signal is strong tho. I get around -82 on band 13. It likes to use band 66 for some reason even tho it's significantly weaker at around -110. Not sure I notice any speed difference playing around with the bands.

I get the best speed when I put the LT 18 on my covered porch. Should I worry about humidity etc damaging the unit? I am in Florida! For some reason the cell signal seems to be strong there, probably bouncing off the trees.

I am so happy with the LT 18 I am considering using one for our business. I get crazy fast LTE here in the office on my phone, like 110 down. The hotspot router Verizon gave us to try is so slow in comparison.
BigGooby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BigGooby »

longleaf wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:10 pm Oh my gosh thanks for the information. I believe I just have to figure out how to make the LT 18 look like the the phone. Enter the correct AT command after accessing them at gcom/atcmd. I will get the SIM and give it a try. Thank you!!
I can't figure out for the life of me where I can enter AT commands or access SSH on this router?
littleboss

Post by littleboss »

http://cudy.net/cgi-bin/luci/admin/network/gcom/atcmd
Deplorable

Post by Deplorable »

longleaf wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:20 am Yes I did! Thanks for all the tips and encouragement. I was timid and nervous about swapping out my SIM, but it really was simple. Took less than 3 minutes! I am using a Verizon's Get More plan and the LT 18 is now consistently faster than my business phone. I get 30-90 down and 6-7 up most of the day. During peak hours I still get throttled down to around 7-20 down and 3-4 up. That is still livable. Huge improvement over the netbuddy plan, which had me less than 1 down in peak hours.

I am about 750 meters form the Verizon tower but have a lot of trees in the way. The signal is strong tho. I get around -82 on band 13. It likes to use band 66 for some reason even tho it's significantly weaker at around -110. Not sure I notice any speed difference playing around with the bands.

I get the best speed when I put the LT 18 on my covered porch. Should I worry about humidity etc damaging the unit? I am in Florida! For some reason the cell signal seems to be strong there, probably bouncing off the trees.

I am so happy with the LT 18 I am considering using one for our business. I get crazy fast LTE here in the office on my phone, like 110 down. The hotspot router Verizon gave us to try is so slow in comparison.
Hi longleaf. Would you mind sharing the info on how to make the LT18 work with a Verizon Phone SIM?
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

Deplorable wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:13 pm
longleaf wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:20 am
Hi longleaf. Would you mind sharing the info on how to make the LT18 work with a Verizon Phone SIM?
Do you know how to make the imei adjustment? You have to make it look like a phone.

Make sure your apn is set to vzwinternet. You can probably just have it set to auto to take care of the apn.
zgannex

Post by zgannex »

Would you mind sharing the info on how to make the LT18 work with a Verizon Phone SIM? I don't know what the correct AT command is ?
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

zgannex wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:12 am Would you mind sharing the info on how to make the LT18 work with a Verizon Phone SIM? I don't know what the correct AT command is ?
I sent you a pm with the info. Were you able to get it taken care of? I never received a pm back from you.
r00th3rrear

Post by r00th3rrear »

Orlimar1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:37 pm
zgannex wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:12 am Would you mind sharing the info on how to make the LT18 work with a Verizon Phone SIM? I don't know what the correct AT command is ?
I sent you a pm with the info. Were you able to get it taken care of? I never received a pm back from you.
Is this the correct procedure?
at+egmr=1,7,"IMEI"
Orlimar1

Post by Orlimar1 »

r00th3rrear wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:39 am
Orlimar1 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:37 pm
Is this the correct procedure?
at+egmr=1,7,"IMEI"
Yes it is. It may depend on the fw. I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that Cudy may have just added an actual box to just type in the new imei in some of their latest fw's?

Return to “Cudy”