Weird issue: some sites cannot be accessed when hooked to 4g LTE router

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
hydrocynus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Weird issue: some sites cannot be accessed when hooked to 4g LTE router

Post by hydrocynus »

Hello all, I bought a Tuoshi/dionlink 4g router which, once the firmware is updated open a lot of possibilities including ttl mod, band lock and more. I had it configured with visible/Verizon mvno and all was fine as I was not getting throttled and i could plug in several devices. All sites I accessed on the Internet loaded fine for a week. But I played with it and changed the ttl or especially locked it to some bands that Verizon uses in the towers around me.
I thought I had the best configuration as I was getting good speeds with the router but when I browsed the Internet, I found that some sites like Amazon would not open. When I enter amazon.com, then it takes a long time and nothing happens or I see the DNS error or www.amazon.com unexpectedly closed the connection.
ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED.
Oddly enough, using a different browser than chrome like Firefox opens the site fine. But on either, I cannot open www.netzero.net where my email is.

I even reflashed the firmware but the issue still persists. Putting the sim card on my phone brings zero issues. Using the phone to share Internet via a gli.net router generates zero issues... But I am throttled.

I even used my other sim card with visible, different account, same issue.

So, I conclude it must be the router I pushed too far and now it has hardware issues?

Thanks for your help.

Oh and the issue happens on a PC or a tablet or a phone hooked up to the router.
gscheb

Re: Weird issue: some sites cannot be accessed when hooked to 4g LTE router

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Sounds like you need to set costume DNS to the router.

Return to “General and Unclassified”