IPv4 Change Error & DCHP disabling

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rituxan
Been thanked: 0

IPv4 Change Error & DCHP disabling

Post by Rituxan »

Hello, I am trying to change the IPv4 address, but I keep receiving errors and revert back.

I tried Network -> Interfaces -> Lan -> General setup _> IPv4 address

But it won't save. Just keeps reverting. Want to change last two numbers so it won't conflict with my OMR bonding.

Also,

is there an easy way to disable DCHP?
Didneywhorl

Re: IPv4 Change Error & DCHP disabling

Post by Didneywhorl »

best way I use is to SCP into the routers file system and manually edit the network config file. Reboot, done.

WinSCP: https://ofmodemsandmen.com/winscp.html

The file is located here: /etc/config/network

Otherwise, in the UI make sure to open a second page with the new IP addr. When the router goes into the "Applying" mode, unplug the ethernet cable then plug it back in 2 seconds later. This forces the PC to reassign the new IP. After plugging back in, hit reload on the new page with the updated ip address for the web ui.
Rituxan
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rituxan »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:51 am best way I use is to SCP into the routers file system and manually edit the network config file. Reboot, done.

WinSCP: https://ofmodemsandmen.com/winscp.html

The file is located here: /etc/config/network

Otherwise, in the UI make sure to open a second page with the new IP addr. When the router goes into the "Applying" mode, unplug the ethernet cable then plug it back in 2 seconds later. This forces the PC to reassign the new IP. After plugging back in, hit reload on the new page with the updated ip address for the web ui.
Thank you! So easy to just unplug the cable.

Now do you know which box is correct to disable DCHP?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

DHCP is a different beast. Make certain you set your lan and wan ports to static IP addresses or you will get locked out of the router when you disable DHCP. The option to disable dhcp should be in the interfaces menu, in the settings for LAN. Click the edit button. Then I think it is something like 'ignore interface' for dhcp.

Id have to check, but that sounds right.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”