T mobile voice plan with Trashcan

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Cocojo123
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

T mobile voice plan with Trashcan

Post by Cocojo123 »

I received a t mobile trashcan from a friend that was paid off. I’m trying to use a normal t mobile voice like but it gets extremely throttled (I’m thinking because it doesn’t like the fbb.home apn. Anyway about this? I tried a business tablet line and that tablet works with the fbb.home apn but normal voice lines do not.
parkercs

Re: T mobile voice plan with Trashcan

Post by parkercs »

I'd be wary of the trashcan getting blacklisted since it wasn't returned.
Keizer

Post by Keizer »

parkercs wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:42 pm I'd be wary of the trashcan getting blacklisted since it wasn't returned.
It sounds like since the trash can is "from a friend that was paid off" it was an account set up at Metro. They have you buy the gateway and if you cancel later you own it.
Keizer

Post by Keizer »

Cocojo123 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:37 pm I received a t mobile trashcan from a friend that was paid off. I’m trying to use a normal t mobile voice like but it gets extremely throttled (I’m thinking because it doesn’t like the fbb.home apn. Anyway about this? I tried a business tablet line and that tablet works with the fbb.home apn but normal voice lines do not.
When you were running your Business tablet line in the trash can, you were using your hot spot data which is why it was working well. Once that is gone you will get throttled way down. As far as the voice line you were using was the hot spot data on that line all used up before you put it in the trash can? You can use the T-Mobile gateway with a voice/tablet line and avoid hot spot use but you have to run it through a router thats capable of making "changes".

Return to “General and Unclassified”