HW issue - modem disconnect EM7565 in WG3526-P

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
misha@shemyakin.net
Has thanked: 0

HW issue - modem disconnect EM7565 in WG3526-P

Post by misha@shemyakin.net »

I'm getting periodic modem disconnects - "Disconnect (Removed) Modem #1", then a reconnection a minute or two later.
I've checked that the modem is seated correctly. Router/modem are ~7 months old, have been stationary indoors the whole time - no shocks, drops, moves, etc.

1) Anything I can try to fix this?
2) Is this covered by warranty?

Would appreciate any help!

Thank you!
tetranz

Re: HW issue - modem disconnect EM7565 in WG3526-P

Post by tetranz »

I'm getting what sounds like the same or very similar thing with the same router and modem. Mine is a couple of months older than yours.

I tried it in my RV a couple of weeks ago. It would go through a the usual startup. Initially it shows no modem, a minute or so later the modem appears, then it's "Connecting" for a while and then finally connected. It does all that normally but after a few seconds the modem disappears from the admin and the sequence repeats. After two or three cycles the network status says something like can't connect to /dev/ttyUSB2.

I assumed the problem was power but I've tried it on multiple power sources with the same result. DC voltage is about 13 volts. At home in a stronger signal area it seems to be okay. I haven't done anything further to troubleshoot except remove antennas here at home to try to simulate the weaker signal in case it was that but I couldn't make it happen. I have a spare modem which I might try.

I'm using the latest 2022-03-23 firmware. Last time I had it in the RV it was running the previous version and I didn't have the problem. I don't know if that's related but might be worth mentioning.

I hate to say it but I was initially quite pleased with this router and modem but over time I've become a little disappointed. The Wi-Fi is unreliable in that it doesn't always start and when clicking around the admin, I frequently get a blank page with just a 0. One or more refreshes always fixes it so it's not a showstopper but just one more frustration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cazber
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: HW issue - modem disconnect EM7565 in WG3526-P

Post by Cazber »

I know as close to nothing about these cellular modems as possible. Recently though I have experienced a similar issue with the "/tty/USB2" unavailable/unreachable. Like clockwork, every morning it stops responding. I can log into the router, reboot - and all's well with the world until tomorrow! What's weird is I already have the thing rebooting every night.

This is for my home and it hasn't been moved, works great when it works.
tetranz wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:48 am The Wi-Fi is unreliable in that it doesn't always start
Here's how I fixed the WiFi problem - Stopped and disabled both radios! Hooked up my older than dirt Cisco 321 access point and WaaLaa - solid as a rock wireless! For me the wireless wasn't just not working, it was causing the router to hand and freeze sometimes requiring multiple reboots just to get it working again. Those MediaTek chip sets must have some issues because I've experienced WiFi problems from other venders using the same chips.

Model WiFiX NEXP1GO
Architecture MediaTek MT7621 ver:1 eco:3
Firmware Version GoldenOrb_2021-09-11
Kernel Version 5.4.124

Return to “WiFiX Routers”