Voxel Orbi Nothing Persists Reboot

Information related to Orbi routers
Forum rules
Use the search function prior to posting a topic on a subject that already exists
TNdave88

Voxel Orbi Nothing Persists Reboot

Post by TNdave88 »

Sadly it seems no matter what I do on the Orbi nothing withstands reboot. I didn't have issues the first time I did this but now nothing sticks. I have even gone literally copy paste from the thread to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I do not have /overlay under tmp/mnt/circle, there is nothing under /tmp/mnt/circle. The only overlay is tmp/overlay and even if I create an opt/ directory or really anything under tmp/overlay it does not stick. creating /overlay under /circle does nothing as well.Last night I stayed up super late just trying different options for kicks; creating a directory under any spot I could and nothing stays. I have reverted back to stock, factory reset, went back to Voxel and tried again with the same results. I'm starting to feel like it isn't me. One thing that has confused me is it doesn't require a password when doing SSH through either regular terminal or putty. I log in root but no password i enter is accepted - only just hitting enter with a blank password allows me to login which is different than before. Could this be whats going on? For some reason i'm not really root even though it shows I am root@LBR20 on the prompt? Sorry I'm grasping at straws now. The unit seems to work but I really want to set up my VPN again. I even went as far as without a reboot - creating all the directories for OpenVPN, scp my .ovpn file over and when I try to activate it, its says there is no .ovpn file in the directory yet I was looking right at it, in the exact place it said there was no .ovpn.
TNdave88

Re: Voxel Orbi Nothing Persists Reboot

Post by TNdave88 »

Just in case anyone has a similar issue:

Nevermind, I think I got it working. I re downloaded the Netgear firmware from a different computer and everything is working so far. Somehow I had a corrupt firmware file from Netgear it seems.

FML... Still same thing, everything gone after reboot. Somehow stuff persisted after one reboot but not anymore. I'm taking it out back and shooting it.

Return to “Orbi”