Inseego M2000 with MobileCitizen/Calyx/ConnectAll

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
diesel_fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Inseego M2000 with MobileCitizen/Calyx/ConnectAll

Post by diesel_fan »

Hello!
I have a hotspot Franklin T9 with ConnectAll - I believe that service is provided by Mobile Citizen through T-Mobile carrier. Same provider as for Calyx devices.
Franklin T9 is very limited with very poor range.
I have decided to upgrade it to Inseego M2000 in order to get 5G speeds. Got it unlocked and IMEI changed (to match Franklin T9) by one of the forum members. It works - download and upload speeds are 5G, but there is an issue. I got throttled when streaming video to 480p on my TV with built-in Android TV and Netflix. If I move my sim card back to Franklin T9 - no video throttling, I can watch 4K. On M2000 - throttled to 480p only. What may be the issue here? Is there something else needs to be changed on M2000 to remove that limitations?
Thanks in advance!
Didneywhorl

Re: Inseego M2000 with MobileCitizen/Calyx/ConnectAll

Post by Didneywhorl »

@Rich Hathaway might know.
diesel_fan

Post by diesel_fan »

Well... His suggestion was not to use this hotspot with mobile apps... I feel like my device is useless now.. Can it be reverted back to the original, previous IMEI? Anyone here with T-Mobile M2000? Can you tell me your firmware version? I am on 1Z and it dated 02/2021. There were a few updates since that time. Latest one is 4D.
I tried to ran update, but no luck - says I am on the latest firmware. Can different IMEI restrict update on my device?
diesel_fan

Post by diesel_fan »

I saw another post about similar issues, and it was suggested to change APN. But I unable to do that - it's greyed out with fast.tmobile APN set...
radec

Post by radec »

diesel_fan wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:35 pm I saw another post about similar issues, and it was suggested to change APN. But I unable to do that - it's greyed out with fast.tmobile APN set...
Have you searched through /r/calyx for keyword "throttle"? A lot of people on there with that hotspot and a lot of people figuring out the throttle thing.
diesel_fan

Post by diesel_fan »

I did searched through Calyx and suggested workaround is to change APN from fast to b2b. In my case, on my T2000, that option is greyed out.
I am checking with Rich Hathaway if this is something that he can unlock.
Another question - if TMobile M2000 flashed to Verizon firmware - will it work with TMobile specific bands, like n71?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Likely not with the Verizon firmware
techhome

Post by techhome »

Try disabling IPV6, if you can. Otherwise just run vpn on your streaming devices. Windscribe has a AndroidTV app, works great. Also, I have PCsforPeople on the new Tmob SIM. Was getting video throttling at first, but lately no throttling using Rooter, with no special de-throttle settings, no vpn and with default TTL rules commented out. Throttled on MR1100 using IPv4v6, but no throttle with IPv6 disabled. For me, APN selection has no impact on speed or throttle. I have an unmodified M2000, it doesnt connect using either PCsforpeople nor the T-Mobile biz promo tablet plan SIMs.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

diesel_fan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:59 pm Another question - if TMobile M2000 flashed to Verizon firmware - will it work with TMobile specific bands, like n71?
Yes, it can and only can use the same bands its hardware will allow it to see, I put them on the verizon and tmobile builds to work on the tmobile tab plans both work fine on them.

techhome wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:24 pm APN selection has no impact on speed or throttle
The apn does have an impact on speed and throttle, the apn module is responsible for and sets ipv4/ipv4v6 and reports directly to the apnthrottle file so while it is not solely responsible for throttle it is responsible for the apn part of the throttling service which directly effects speed
apn throttle efs.PNG
apn throttle efs.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

And what is in the file? :)
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

It is set in non-printables so to the naked eye it looks like this
apn throttle params1.PNG
You can view it as hex and see it
apn throttle params2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General and Unclassified”