OMR with multiple Verizon sims

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
zac2424

OMR with multiple Verizon sims

Post by zac2424 »

Has anyone had luck using OMR with 2 verizon sims? Seems like i read that Verizion didn't allow it somehow and people had to user ATT or TMobile as the 2nd/3rd etc connection. We do have good ATT signal here but i don't have any account with them and not sure what is available these days for an unlimited plan at a decent price. Any suggestions? TMobile is non-existant here, as well as Sprint.

Thanks!
mtl26637

Re: OMR with multiple Verizon sims

Post by mtl26637 »

I remember in the beginning pages of the large OMR thread there was mention of VZW not allowing MPTCP and I believe I even added to that saying it didn't work for me. I'm not sure what it was back then but I did get it working on VZW and has been working on all of the carriers for quite some time now. I'm not aware of any of the providers that block MPTCP so you should be good to go.

As far as 'unlimited' plans. Thats a bit tricky as most of the providers that did offer unlimited are now backing out on their hyped up deals and putting limits on their unlimited plans (LOOKING AT YOU US-MOBILE). I read that all of the mvno providers for vzw have a 200GB upper limit whether advertised or not. I'm not sure if an actual unlimited line from vzw has upper limits or not at this point though. If you go with att, you might check out their unlimited postpaid tablet plans. They are 20/mo and hard to beat. Most plans usually require a matching IMEI though.

Return to “General and Unclassified”