LT500 vs LT18

littleboss
Has thanked: 0

LT500 vs LT18

Post by littleboss »

I know have two LT18's and just got a LT500 to play with.

On Tmobile the LT18 is getting 65-85Mpbs down. The LT500 is getting 30-65Mbps.

$119 vs $420… For $420 you get the ability to install two sims, a better modem with CA up to 4 bands at once and removable antennas. Also Wifi 6 technology.

Downfalls of the LT500, is the modem is soldered on the board so you can't upgrade it- not sure about the LT18. Other downside is the sim slot. you have to use an adapter and the sim card is on the bottom side of the adapter when you insert it. Now I am afraid that if I try to remove it, it will fall out of the adapter....

Both routers have the same GUI so very easy to change settings………….

Since the antenna coaxes are removable from the modem has anyone tried to add new RF pigtails (by removing the antennas and using the same holes). Then you could add external antennas
fratermus

Re: LT500 vs LT18

Post by fratermus »

Now I am afraid that if I try to remove it, it will fall out of the adapter....
Would it help if the router were held upside down when you remove the card?
Didneywhorl

Re: LT500 vs LT18

Post by Didneywhorl »

The LT500 and LT18 wifi antennas have to be pulled out to remove and the mount holes are too deep for normal antenna connector bulkheads.

I have added both router PCBs to an outdoor antenna, without its case or stock antennas. The Removeable U.FL antenna cables for both cellular and WiFi make this soooo much more convenient.

The LT18 is also a soldered on "embedded" modem chip, the Quectel EG18. Same modem as in the Netgear Orbi LBR20

Return to “Cudy”