Compiling openWRT Firmware

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Didneywhorl

Compiling openWRT Firmware

Post by Didneywhorl »

In my scarce free time I'm starting to try and self learn how to compile and customize/modify openWRT images (and by extension Rooter).

Other than the obligitory look up the openWRT website, does anyone have any great notes they've made, one off tips and tricks, or a video or site resource to shorten the learning curve a little?

I'll slog along either way, but maybe we can get together a resource for others to refer to to as well.

This video is actually a pretty straightforward walkthrough of the basic process, using a rpi4B for the example target:

I fired up a fresh Linux Mint install on a laptop for compiling, and the above video didn't take long at all to compile the example image. Pretty cool.
baldwine
Has thanked: 0

Re: Compiling openWRT Firmware

Post by baldwine »

My network has been running well for such a long time that I don't look at these forums as much, but this is something I have been wanting to do for a while. I use Rooter for my RPi4 but I have always wanted to make my own, thanks for posting this.

Return to “Firmware”