LBR20 and ATT Tablet Plan Issue

Information related to Orbi routers
Forum rules
Use the search function prior to posting a topic on a subject that already exists
egauk

LBR20 and ATT Tablet Plan Issue

Post by egauk »

Has anyone running Voxel had any issues with the ATT tablet plan since the 3G shutdown? My LBR20 shows good ATT signal and connects momentarily after reboot, but then disconnects.
  • I have tried setting the connection to 4G only, but that did not make a difference.
  • APN is set to broadband and I also tried nrbroadband, broadband matches the registered tablet.
  • I placed the SIM back into the registered tablet (hoping for a SIM provision update) which connects without issue and then back into the LBR20, still no difference.
hazarjast

Re: LBR20 and ATT Tablet Plan Issue

Post by hazarjast »

Many others are running ATT tablet plan in the LBR20 without issue to my knowledge. How much data do you use per billing period on average? Does your LBR20 IMEI match that of the tablet your plan is registered to?
egauk

Post by egauk »

hazarjast wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:17 am Many others are running ATT tablet plan in the LBR20 without issue to my knowledge. How much data do you use per billing period on average? Does your LBR20 IMEI match that of the tablet your plan is registered to?
-It's a new plan and I've only used about 20GB during the first month, then after the 3G shutdown it just stopped connecting (could be coincidental).
-The LBR20 IMEI does match the tablet the plan is registered to.
-I disabled MBN autoselect

I've tried broadband and Broadband as the APN thinking it may have changed to case sensitive. The only thing I haven't tried is a hard reset of the device. That's my next step, but trying to avoid a hard reset to understand the root cause while the issue is occurring.
hazarjast

Post by hazarjast »

Which MBN is in use? If you haven’t already I would try the Generic one if it’s using the ATT one currently.
egauk

Post by egauk »

hazarjast wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:53 pm Which MBN is in use? If you haven’t already I would try the Generic one if it’s using the ATT one currently.
I'm not sure TBH, I only issued the following commands.

Code: Select all

echo -ne "AT+QMBNCFG=\"AutoSel\",0\r\n" | microcom -X -t 1000 /dev/ttyUSB2
echo -ne "AT+QMBNCFG=\"Deactivate\"\r\n" | microcom -X -t 1000 /dev/ttyUSB2
-Which command is needed to change to the Generic MBN?
-If I get myself in too deep with configuring the modem will a factory reset change everything back to default (excluding the saved IMEI)?
hazarjast

Post by hazarjast »

egauk wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:10 am
hazarjast wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:53 pm Which MBN is in use? If you haven’t already I would try the Generic one if it’s using the ATT one currently.

-If I get myself in too deep with configuring the modem will a factory reset change everything back to default (excluding the saved IMEI)?
You just need one final command to select the generic profile:

echo -ne "AT+QMBNCFG=\"Select\",\"ROW_Generic_3GPP_PTCRB_GCF\"\r\n" | microcom -X -t 1000 /dev/ttyUSB2
Then reboot the device. As long as you don't remove power from the device while making these changes they shouldn't be risky. You can always reset to factory defaults but each time you do this it's hard on the NVRAM so it should not be done regularly. If you perform a factory reset IMEI will always revert back to factory so you'd have to redo anything you've done with that.
egauk

Post by egauk »

hazarjast wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:05 am
egauk wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:10 am

You just need one final command to select the generic profile:

echo -ne "AT+QMBNCFG=\"Select\",\"ROW_Generic_3GPP_PTCRB_GCF\"\r\n" | microcom -X -t 1000 /dev/ttyUSB2
Then reboot the device. As long as you don't remove power from the device while making these changes they shouldn't be risky. You can always reset to factory defaults but each time you do this it's hard on the NVRAM so it should not be done regularly. If you perform a factory reset IMEI will always revert back to factory so you'd have to redo anything you've done with that.
Outstanding, thank you! I do not currently have access to the LBR20, but will next Friday. I will update this thread on how things go, but a factory reset of the Orbi will likely be next.
egauk

Post by egauk »

I got my hands back on the Orbi last night. The MBN changes did not resolve the issue. Reset to factory defaults and everything is working now. I plan to let it run for a few days before I call it fixed!
hazarjast

Post by hazarjast »

Thanks for the update, glad to hear the reset seems to have helped.
ddennis002
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ddennis002 »

egauk wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:54 am I got my hands back on the Orbi last night. The MBN changes did not resolve the issue. Reset to factory defaults and everything is working now. I plan to let it run for a few days before I call it fixed!
I am having this same issue but with verizon prepaid unlimited jetpack line.
I have done everything short of catching the thing on fire.
What reset procedure did you use?
I reset using 30-30-30 method but no dice the issue still persisted.
I have tried on voxel firmware and updated stock firmware, and reguardless of if I factory reset the modem via ssh. Every attempt results in no IP after boot. I get signal info and all other info via ssh or gui checks just no IP and connectivity.
When running a ping during boot i will get couple returned packets then back to no response.
The only way I have found to gain IP is to change MBN from verizon to ATT wait about a min then change back to verizon. Go into the advance mobile settings and hit apply even though I did nothing and usually it will gain an IP during progress bar.
hazarjast

Post by hazarjast »

ddennis002 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:39 pm I am having this same issue but with verizon prepaid unlimited jetpack line.
I have done everything short of catching the thing on fire.
What reset procedure did you use?
I reset using 30-30-30 method but no dice the issue still persisted.
I have tried on voxel firmware and updated stock firmware, and reguardless of if I factory reset the modem via ssh. Every attempt results in no IP after boot. I get signal info and all other info via ssh or gui checks just no IP and connectivity.
When running a ping during boot i will get couple returned packets then back to no response.
The only way I have found to gain IP is to change MBN from verizon to ATT wait about a min then change back to verizon. Go into the advance mobile settings and hit apply even though I did nothing and usually it will gain an IP during progress bar.
What is your signal like when it does connevct? Attach issues like this are commonly seen when there have been changes with local tower config.

Return to “Orbi”