5G Raspberry Pi 4 Build w/ OpenWRT, ModemManager

How To Tutorials related to Routers and Firmware
Forum rules
This forum is for tutorials only--not for help or assistance.
hazarjast

5G Raspberry Pi 4 Build w/ OpenWRT, ModemManager

Post by hazarjast »

Hi All,
While the LBR20 w/ Voxel firmware is still my daily driver, I have been working on a 5G build featuring the Quectel RM502Q-AE on a Raspberry Pi 4 for hardware using OpenWRT and ModemManager on the software side. Since github and markdown lent themselves a little better to hosting the build content, I have posted the project over there in its entirety but wanted to post a link in the Tutorials section here as I am sure it will be of interest to this community. Also, this forum may lend itself better for posting feedback, asking questions, etc. Hope this project is useful for others beyond myself. It's definitely been a fun project thus far!

https://github.com/hazarjast/5g_rpi4_build

Cheers!
parkercs
Has thanked: 0

Re: 5G Raspberry Pi 4 Build w/ OpenWRT, ModemManager

Post by parkercs »

Noticed that when you changed the LAN interface IP in LuCi you waited the full 90 seconds for it to timeout and then apply unchecked. Instead of doing this, the drop-down box next to the Save and Apply button has an Apply Unchecked button 😉.
hazarjast

Post by hazarjast »

parkercs wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:52 pm Noticed that when you changed the LAN interface IP in LuCi you waited the full 90 seconds for it to timeout and then apply unchecked. Instead of doing this, the drop-down box next to the Save and Apply button has an Apply Unchecked button 😉.
Good call. I have corrected this, thank you.
jimmyle1511
Been thanked: 0

Post by jimmyle1511 »

I want to build this as well.
How stable is this setup for whole-house:daily use comparing other routers with the same modem?

Thanks
hazarjast

Post by hazarjast »

I haven’t tested any other routers with this modem as a daily use setup but will say this setup has a current uptime of one month (31 days) since I deployed it so I would say it’s quite stable.

Return to “Tutorials”