Can I use another hotspot besides the Franklin T9 hotspot?

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
habituallimit
Has thanked: 0

Can I use another hotspot besides the Franklin T9 hotspot?

Post by habituallimit »

Calyx sent me a Franklin T9 hotspot and with TMobile Sim. I managed to tether the hotspot to a nighthawk router using 5ghz wifi as bridge and 2.4ghz as local wifi. This method seemed to work until I upgraded the the T9 as this upgrade seems to of stealth blocked a few device in my house such as the roku tv, night hawk, and intelnuc. I tried to downgrade the T9 but apparently you can't. I was shown ho to downgrade the hotspot which requires some serious effort I'd rather spend so much time doing.

Rather than down grade the device and blocking push updates I was wondering if there was a variety of different methods I could use to tether my hotspot to a router that may work. I was wondering how/if possible to usb tether my T9 directly to the router?

I've also noticed on the Calyx site they seem to support other hotspots as well such as the Franklin T10 and LINKZONE 2. Was wondering if any of those hotspots have the ability to downgrade/if they don't stealth block certain devices on a network.
https://members.calyxinstitute.org/enroll

I have a we826 modem with a mc7455 router in it but my modem only hits certain bands and I wanted to try out all the bands on these hot spots.

Return to “General and Unclassified”