EM06-A not taking AT+NWSCANMODE

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
szxaV
Been thanked: 0

EM06-A not taking AT+NWSCANMODE

Post by szxaV »

Hey everyone, I tried to search the forum first before posting this but I cannot find anything related to this specific issue.

I have the run of the mill EM06-A with no customisation that I know of but when I do 'sudo mmcli -m 0 --command='AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1'' it only returns a blank 'response " " ' - it then restarts the module. due to ,1 I believe but even doing 'AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,0' reboots the module. (Currently using AT&T, the problem I'm facing is 3G is now being sunset and I have a couple of machines that are experiencing weird issues as it might be trying to lock in the 3G network, what I want to achieve is to lock in all module to LTE/4G to avoid the issue [these are being used as a remote safety camera on industrial locations])

I am thinking something is wrong with the firmware or worst the hardware at this point. Do you guys have something like a last option - restore factory settings and try again before I go nuts?

Hoping for someone to shed some light on this matter. Thanks
Didneywhorl

Re: EM06-A not taking AT+NWSCANMODE

Post by Didneywhorl »

Remove the last ,0 or ,1 and just do "NWSCANMODE",3

Factory restore is AT+QPRTPARA=3 then when the modem recovers, AT+QPRTPARA=1

You may want to contact Quectel directly for help setting the EP06A for data only setting for the ATT 3G sunset. There may be special commands that need to be ran. I'm not 100% sure.

Return to “Quectel Modems”