Visible throttling even with TTL

Topics addressing TTL settings for Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
cooltech6
Has thanked: 0

Visible throttling even with TTL

Post by cooltech6 »

Hi all, I have an EM7455 with generic firmware and a Raspberry Pi 4 running GoldenOrb. When I tether my Galaxy A10e with Visible to the pi with TTL 67, I get full uncapped speeds. This has worked for about half a year. Then, I tried switching over to my EM7455 with Visible, and with the same TTL applied. It works for about half an hour before capping everything back to 10/10. My laptop is set to TTL 67 through Windows Registry and that was getting 10/10 too, meaning that my entire connection was being capped at 10mbps. I thought it was the modem's IMEI causing issues, so I applied some IMEI magic and changed it to an iPhone 12 PM IMEI. It worked great overnight, but the next day it was back to being capped at 10mbps. Has anyone else had this issue? And does this happen with any other carrier besides Visible?
brcisna
Been thanked: 0

Re: Visible throttling even with TTL

Post by brcisna »

@cooltech6

I have always had my ttl set to 64 ,,,for about 4 months with no problems. VIZIBLE
About three weeks ago,,,was getting the dreaded,,, 5Mbps down and up.
Changed the values to 88,,,and fixed instantly,
Give it a try if you are still having throttling probs. Also,,have never messed with IMEI stuff.
As a side note,,,make sure you set the ttl both ipv4 & ipv6 iptables.

Good Luck

Return to “TTL Settings - Throttling, Tethering and Hotspot Usage”