Router/modem to use with cricket 100gb data plan?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Jrv8984
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Router/modem to use with cricket 100gb data plan?

Post by Jrv8984 »

So to premise this, I'm new here, and don't know where to begin. I'm not a tech guy, I'm a Machinist/knuckle dragger. I just need stuff to work. I want to use the cricket 100gb data plan.

We been using a t-mobile Hotspot device (keep it in an upstairs window) that we get from the Library. It's amazingly terrible, it barely works half the time. We have cricket service for our cell phones and they work reasonably well.

I have a small farm at the base of a Mt range in PA and live in a solid stone house, 18" thick stone walls with a metal roof.

My wife would prefer if I keep whatever I buy under $200 if that is possible?

I have an AT&T tower 3 miles away (tower 20301 bands 2,12,14) and another 2 towers (tower 20305 bands 2,12,14, tower 20331 bands 2,12,14,17)
MattB29

Re: Router/modem to use with cricket 100gb data plan?

Post by MattB29 »

I run a Netgear M1 (MR1100) on Crickets 20GB Data only plan for my home internet needs. My setup is detailed under the AT&T 3G shutdown Thread on the forum here.

Cricket only allows very few bring your own devices and those are all on AT&T 3G Whitelist: https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/su ... etwork.pdf I do not know if people have been successful with a cellular modem that has had its IMEI altered to match one of those approved mobile hotspots.

The M1 works real good for my needs. It would be nice if AT&T (Cricket) would open up to allowing regular cellular modem/routers like they did in the past.
Jrv8984
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jrv8984 »

I found your thread, what/why is the anker power port used for. It just looks like a 5 port USB charger, what's special about it
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Don't know how long it will last but still using post pay at&t tablet plan. With no issues. Been using this probably a year now. Also not using one of the white list modem and modem isn't altered an any way.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Jrv8984 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 am I found your thread, what/why is the anker power port used for. It just looks like a 5 port USB charger, what's special about it
Just rated to be better than the factory power supply when running the hotspot without battery. There were reports of frequent internet disconnects with the factory one. The one I run is only single port.

Return to “General and Unclassified”