EM7455 No AT COM Port open?

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
cooltech6
Has thanked: 0

EM7455 No AT COM Port open?

Post by cooltech6 »

Hi, I just bought a Dell branded EM7455 from eBay, and flashed the card with generic firmware. When I plug the modem inside a m.2 enclosure to my laptop, device manager only shows a DM and NMEA COM Port. Cellular internet works through the modem on Windows, but plugging it into my raspberry pi running GoldenOrb will display "Modem not present". How can I enable MBIM and AT on my modem?
Rich Hathaway

Re: EM7455 No AT COM Port open?

Post by Rich Hathaway »

cooltech6 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:10 pm Cellular internet works through the modem on Windows,
It works thru the network adapter in windows so look in your device manager for Remote NDIS, there should be a modem port also in the modems tab if there is and the driver is properly loaded then open it and go the diagnostics tab and select query modem and see if the modem responds to the query.
cooltech6

Post by cooltech6 »

Rich Hathaway wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:56 am
cooltech6 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:10 pm Cellular internet works through the modem on Windows,
It works thru the network adapter in windows so look in your device manager for Remote NDIS, there should be a modem port also in the modems tab if there is and the driver is properly loaded then open it and go the diagnostics tab and select query modem and see if the modem responds to the query.
I can query the modem through Device Manager, and it will return the imei, etc. I reflashed the modem using this script: https://github.com/danielewood/sierra-wireless-modems, but GoldenOrb will still not pick it up. Before I did anything to the modem, GoldenOrb was able to detect the modem plugged into it and could issue AT commands.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Did you RMARESET the modem?
cooltech6

Post by cooltech6 »

Fixed the issue. I used the Huawei Modem Terminal to connect to the modem at the COM port listed in the modem's properties in device manager.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”