Slow Wi-Fi between MacBook Pro and NEXP1GO.

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tetranz

Slow Wi-Fi between MacBook Pro and NEXP1GO.

Post by tetranz »

This is a bit of a long shot and I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm having a problem with a slow connection on my MacBook Pro talking to the Wi-Fi on a NEXP1GO / WG-3526-P. The router has a EM7565 on the AT&T tablet plan. It also runs WireGuard.

I've done some tests which unfortunately give conflicting conclusions. I thought it was just the LTE slow but then I tried my Moto G Power phone on the same Wi-Fi and get good results. The phone gets a fairly steady 30 Mbps. The Macbook is up and down but seldom hits 10 Mbps.

That sounds like a problem in the Mac but ... I also have a little GL.iNet GL-AR750S which I can setup as an access point plugged into the router's LAN. When I connect the Mac to that I get good speed, similar to the phone talking directly to the NEXP1GO. That suggests something weird about the Wi-Fi in the NEXP1GO.

Results are similar on both 2.4 and 5 GHz. The NEXP1GO is right next to the Mac but I've tried moving away etc just in case there's a overloading problem or something. I can see some parameters of the Wi-Fi on the Mac and there doesn't seem to be much difference between them. Removing WireGuard didn't help much either. It definitely seems to be a Wi-Fi issue.

It's a bit of a mystery. I guess I can just use the GL.iNet and the problem is solved but it's frustrating not knowing why. I'm pretty sure Mac direct to NEXP1GO used to work well so something seems to have changed.
tetranz

Re: Slow Wi-Fi between MacBook Pro and NEXP1GO.

Post by tetranz »

I finally found the problem after a spending a few hours on it searching the web for reports of similar experiences. It has nothing to do with the router but I'll post the answer in case someone else finds their way here.

Despite what I said above, it wasn't really working quite as well as it should on the GL.iNet router either.

I was just about to give up when saw a post on Reddit saying to switch off Bluetooth. I did that and, to my great surprise, that fixes it.

It a Mac problem and seems to be related to OSX Monterey. It kind of sucks because I use a Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad so I probably need some USB devices instead.
scotteeters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Slow Wi-Fi between MacBook Pro and NEXP1GO.

Post by scotteeters »

Embarking on a psychological rollercoaster, 'The Silence of the Lambs' isn't just a movie; it's an intense exploration of the human psyche. Jonathan Demme's gripping adaptation of Thomas Harris's novel introduces audiences to the enigmatic Hannibal Lecter, portrayed with chilling brilliance by Anthony Hopkins, and the determined Clarice Starling, played by the incomparable Jodie Foster. The film's psychological depth, suspenseful narrative, and iconic performances make it a hauntingly unforgettable cinematic experience. 'The Silence of the Lambs' isn't just a favorite; it's a journey into the darkest corners of the human mind from 123movies.com.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”