T-Mobile Home Internet

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Joe43wv

T-Mobile Home Internet

Post by Joe43wv »

I'm looking at trying to get T-Mobile Home Internet but have a small issue. According to TMobile site the service isn't available yet however my grandparents live two miles away and the website says they can get the service. I was wondering if I had the modem sent to their house and brought it back to my house to activate of it'll work or if the gateway comes setup in a way that it'll detect that it is two miles away and not work?
Dr-BroadBand

Re: T-Mobile Home Internet

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Joe43wv wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:17 pm I was wondering if I had the modem sent to their house and brought it back to my house to activate of it'll work or if the gateway comes setup in a way that it'll detect that it is two miles away and not work?
It will work!!
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

We are on a road trip from Texas to Minnesota. The T-Mobile trashcan gateway work all the way to MN in the back seat of the Mini Van :geek:

We bring it on all our Family trips. It has a GPS so t-Mobile could lock it to a location but have not.

For $50 a month you get a 5G WiFi 6 modem/router and unlimited data. Hard to go wrong. No contact so you can stop and send it back at any time.

See link https://youtu.be/7ZxP3bndcSE
crazysteve

Post by crazysteve »

So has anyone run into any issues by using their official T-Mobile Home Internet in another place than where you are supposed to? I'm thinking about using a nearby address so I can obtain it but, it does violate their TOS.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

It will work! I bring mine and road trips so the kids & wife have WiFi in the Min-Van
crazysteve

Post by crazysteve »

Dr-BroadBand wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:26 pm It will work! I bring mine and road trips so the kids & wife have WiFi in the Min-Van
I saw that thank you. I am chumming the waters to see if there have been any reports of issues as well. Our tower just got the 5g upgrade and all adjacent towers have TMHI available.... I've been patient, but.....
crazysteve

Post by crazysteve »

Long story but I called up to start a T-Mobile Business Internet account. They didn't bother asking me about the actual service address as they were focused on my other address issues registering as a business account (rural life). They are shipping a trash can overnight! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
shammer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by shammer »

It should work. However your location may be a dead zone for signal. Best of luck. I had a similar circumstance. Got the box but it was just a plastic brick for all intents and purposes.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”