Connectall T9 Franklin - need advice

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
dwa_e
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Connectall T9 Franklin - need advice

Post by dwa_e »

Hello,

I'm hoping I have found the right board here, I am looking for some assistance with potentially upgrading the internet speeds that I currently get through Connectall's generic T9 Franklin hotspot.

I know this topic has been covered before as I've read a few posts on it, but I have a few specific questions I am hoping to get answers to before I attempt this "hack". Thanks in advance for the help!

Question 1: How much (roughly) could I potentially improve my speed? Right now I get around 2-3Mbps on average, with frequent fluctuations of about 1.5Mbps to either end. I know T-Mobile has good service where I live, it's rural but their 4g coverage is good here as evidenced by my wife's cell plan through mint which uses T-Mobile.

Question 2: in terms of cost, how much (again, roughly) would I be looking at for the appropriate hardware? I have a router and modem (few years old, don't know what kinds off the top of my head) but I'm fairly sure I'll need some specialized equipment for this right?

Thank you in advance,
-Me
Didneywhorl

Re: Connectall T9 Franklin - need advice

Post by Didneywhorl »

Easiest way to answer the first question is test speeds on the same carrier with a new style cell phone, as new as you can get. That will give you an idea of the MAX possible without outdoor directional antennas. You mentioned your wifes phone, but not her speeds.

Q2: Totally depends on level of gear. Could be a about $200 to $1k plus. To get an idea of the simpler setups go to: https://thewirelesshaven.com/product-ca ... r-bundles/
Rich Hathaway

Re: Connectall T9 Franklin - need advice

Post by Rich Hathaway »

@dwa_e
have you tried looking to see what band you are using and changing bands on the T9? Those are only 3g speeds u r getting.

Return to “General and Unclassified”