Visible wireless in cellular router

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
noahberg98

Visible wireless in cellular router

Post by noahberg98 »

Has anyone had success with using Visibles $25/month service in a cellular modem/router combo? Just looking for some insight before I try it myself. I was thinking about purchases a MoFi, WE826, and MR1100 to see which would work best.

Any feedback is appreciated.
gscheb

Re: Visible wireless in cellular router

Post by gscheb »

Best set up I have used with Visible so far is a Quectel EM12. Usually use it in a WE826 router. The lan ports on WE826 are capped at 100 Mbps. But that not an issue for me. Just worth mentioning.
Mofi not going to perform like the EM12, EM12 is better. The MR1100 lacks the ability to set the TTL so you are going to get stuck with 5 Mpbs up and down hot spot use.
noahberg98

Post by noahberg98 »

Thanks for the info!
Any disconnect issues? Throttling at all? Speed test?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

With disconnects find it is best to keep the connection fresh. Use the auto reboot feature in rooter. Set up to do it in the middle of the night when no one is up.
Throttling depends on the area you are in. Seen it get throttled in some areas in the city but not usually in the rural areas.
Speed test just vary from place to place.
Definitely good enough for average use.

Best advice really is to get the service on the phone first. And see if it is throttled or not. If good in the phone should be good in a router. If it is really good in the phone could tether the phone. That is what I do at my home. My uncle uses his in a router.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

gscheb has you covered. Nothing to add. :)
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

gscheb wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm \ The MR1100 lacks the ability to set the TTL so you are going to get stuck with 5 Mpbs up and down hot spot use.
Not trying to hijack this thread, however MR1100 TTL can be done and hard coded so it sticks thru hard reset.
I am thinking most people do not know this maybe because I am the only one doing them, not sure

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2696 <-----see this post for information
hydrocynus
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hydrocynus »

gscheb wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm Best set up I have used with Visible so far is a Quectel EM12. Usually use it in a WE826 router. The lan ports on WE826 are capped at 100 Mbps. But that not an issue for me. Just worth mentioning.
Mofi not going to perform like the EM12, EM12 is better. The MR1100 lacks the ability to set the TTL so you are going to get stuck with 5 Mpbs up and down hot spot use.
Is it the best setup currently? And does this bypass the tether speed limit with visible? Thanks!
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

hydrocynus wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:56 pm
gscheb wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:50 pm Best set up I have used with Visible so far is a Quectel EM12. Usually use it in a WE826 router. The lan ports on WE826 are capped at 100 Mbps. But that not an issue for me. Just worth mentioning.
Is it the best setup currently? And does this bypass the tether speed limit with visible? Thanks!
Disclaimer not currently using Visible. Still recommend them to get internet data but I was using them for phone service and they started to fail miserably on that front.

With that being said if you are tethering a phone to a router would try these custom rules with a vpn at the same time use to work for me.

#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o usb0 -j TTL --ttl-set 88
ip6tables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o usb0 -j HL --hl-set 88
# End-IP4-TTL-Fix

The VPN was using was the free cloud flare 1.1.1.1

Please let us know if this still works.
hydrocynus

Post by hydrocynus »

If you look at another thread I started, the TTL trick does not work for me. Looks like visible has caught up upon this during their last update prior to Xmas
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

hydrocynus wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am If you look at another thread I started, the TTL trick does not work for me. Looks like visible has caught up upon this during their last update prior to Xmas
Just want to make sure I am being clear. Was using that TTL and the VPN at the same time.
hydrocynus

Post by hydrocynus »

gscheb wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:58 am
hydrocynus wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am If you look at another thread I started, the TTL trick does not work for me. Looks like visible has caught up upon this during their last update prior to Xmas
Just want to make sure I am being clear. Was using that TTL and the VPN at the same time.
Yes. At the same time. I also pushed it to using also pairvpn. So TTL/HL, paid VPN, pairvpn... and also I tried in addition to all of these paid pdanet+. All.of the aforemtioned ar the same time.. Still throttled.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Wow! Thanks for updating everyone on this.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

One time also had it working with a VPN proxy. So like you turn the Hotspot on the phone and share the VPN thru the wifi Hotspot. Some setti gs under proxy on the wifi settings. Been awhile since done that.

Return to “General and Unclassified”