1608v2 Troubles

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
dubgdaddy

1608v2 Troubles

Post by dubgdaddy »

I got my new wg1608 and got the modem (EM7565) installed. Updated to 12/2 firmware I believe. Played with it for a couple hours, didn't get it working and got distracted with another project. Two weeks later, I can't get to the login screen. It was really finicky before, would only connect via cat5 (and took multiple tries most of the time) even after setting up wifi. I've held the button on the front and it cycles the power but my SSID doesn't change regardless of what I do so I know it's not resetting. Any advice?
toddw

Re: 1608v2 Troubles

Post by toddw »

I have the 1608 with the latest dec firmware. When I update the firmware, I do everything from scratch, hold reset button, power on, get to boot loader and do a clean firmware load. I have an EM7411 in mine and its solid. Doing a clean load from the boot loader is like a clean format laptop/desktop hard drive, and doing a clean os install. It does not bring over any corrupt configs/files, etc.

I had a router that wouldn't registered with a tower, did multiple firmware loads. Thought it was the lte module, did a clean firmware load via boot loader, problem solved.

For what its worth...
dubgdaddy

Post by dubgdaddy »

This is super frustrating. I've built lots of pc's but I've yet to find any instructions or anything for this device. Without device support, even resetting it took research. Is there any video/manual/guide to the 1608 that you know of? Thanks for your response.
BillA

Post by BillA »

dubgdaddy wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:57 am This is super frustrating. I've built lots of pc's but I've yet to find any instructions or anything for this device. Without device support, even resetting it took research. Is there any video/manual/guide to the 1608 that you know of? Thanks for your response.

As far as I know, none of the ZBT routers have an official "user manual", you learn as your go (aka by the seat of your pants). The closest thing to a manual is what's available on the OpenWRT site:
https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/start
and on the GoldenOrb site:
https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/documentation.html

Here's how to flash it in bootloader mode:
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=6007#p6007

Here's the latest firmware (dated 2020-12-24):
https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/upload/W ... 12-24c.zip
dubgdaddy

Post by dubgdaddy »

It's a Christmas miracle, thank you Bill!!!
dubgdaddy

Post by dubgdaddy »

I'm up and running, thanks again Bill!
dbshelton

Post by dbshelton »

I never could get the WG1608 I bought from China to work properly with Rooter. Probably some setting was wrong that I didn't find. Yesterday after reflashing with Rooter 2022-01-20 it fixed it and now works fine. Don't know what the difference is but I like it!
albert90

Post by albert90 »

The lack of documentation on these things does get pretty annoying honestly. Of Modems and Men does help a lot though.

Return to “ZBT Routers”