WG3526 with EP-06 connected but unable to access websites

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Speckul8tor
Been thanked: 0

WG3526 with EP-06 connected but unable to access websites

Post by Speckul8tor »

I’ve been running a WG3526 router with a Quectal EP-06, YAGI antenna and an ATT $20 post paid tablet plan for a little over a year without many issues thanks to help from this site. I’ve run into an issue this week where I have a relatively strong signal and am connected to a tower (usually on B66) but can no longer access websites.

To clarify, I can open a browser, get results to come back from Google searches but can’t connect to any sites via the links displayed. I also can’t get email or anything else requiring internet connectivity.

I’ve reflashed the router firmware 3 times in a row using the same GoldenOrb build that was previously loaded and working before this (2021-08-15 release). After I set APN (broadband) I can see the modem connecting and AT commands successfully completing in the Debug window.

I’ve tested the SIM card in an iPad and it works fine.

I saw some references to possibleIPV4 and IPV6 settings in other posts but this isn’t something I have knowledge of. Any thoughts?
gscheb

Re: WG3526 with EP-06 connected but unable to access websites

Post by gscheb »

Try setting your dns that might help with loading websites.

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php ... =10#p10732
Speckul8tor
Been thanked: 0

Post by Speckul8tor »

Thanks for the quick reply. I set custom DNS servers as outlined in that post but no change in behavior after saving and re-starting.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Try to see if using a VPN helps and check back in to the forum.

Cloudflare is safe and free if you don't have one.

Return to “WiFiX Routers”