Is it possible to set the auto reboot command to the EM160R-GL modem?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
EdiCavani

Is it possible to set the auto reboot command to the EM160R-GL modem?

Post by EdiCavani »

Hello again guys, has been past a few months since I asked for your help. That has both the good and the bad side: I am responsible for the bad, because I wasnt active as desired, mainly because family duties. The good side means everything is running good with your advices, so thank you @bjames, @didneywhorl, @BillA, @cagordon1985 and @farberm!

Wishing you all the best for this 2022, I would like to ask once again for your assistance. On february I will take some days off with my family and I am planning to install some wifi surveillance cameras at home, the thing is that our local operator changes our ip's twice a day (every 12 hours aprox) so I need to reboot the modem through AT Commands to get internet after each change.

So leaving home for a couple of weeks, I will not have access to my setup (I mean to the 192.168.1.1 site) and the hard reboot will become impossible. And here comes my question: is there a way to automatically set this command to execute every 11.5 hours for example? Any other option will be good to test.

Thanks in advance!
EdiCavani
gscheb

Re: Is it possible to set the auto reboot command to the EM160R-GL modem?

Post by gscheb »

Can do it once per day like this below

viewtopic.php?p=8501#p8501

With the latest version of WiFix there is a setting to reboot the router every so often. Look under "Services / Scheduled Reboot". Make sure your time is correctly set, enable and choose a time for reboot. I set the family up to reboot every day at 4:30am.

Return to “General and Unclassified”