Have WG3526 with EP06 modem - Verizon based suggestions?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jwc5z

Have WG3526 with EP06 modem - Verizon based suggestions?

Post by jwc5z »

Had been successfully using PagePlus for about a year and half now, but suddenly had no service about a month or two ago. The gentleman who sold us the modem and had been helping me with tweaks occasionally to the settings has been MIA and I've given up on him and PagePlus.

Unfortunately, we get no T Mobile reception at all but we do get excellent Verizon reception (East Texas). We have had great service with Visible on our cell phones, and have extensively been using the hotspot features lately for computer work/Netflix/etc. but also do wish to have "real" home internet again.

Can anybody point me toward any Verizon based suggestions for carriers/settings that will for sure work? We use about 100 GB a month, mostly for a Nest driveway camera.
Didneywhorl

Re: Have WG3526 with EP06 modem - Verizon based suggestions?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Visible works in routers with identity modification to match the cell phone. Obviously cant use both devices at once though.

IPV4 and IPV6 enabled

TTL/HL both set to 65

Quectel specific

Code: Select all

AT+QMBNCFG="AutoSel",0

AT+QMBNCFG="Deactivate"
then

AT+CFUN=1,1
..to reboot the modem.
jwc5z

Post by jwc5z »

Interesting... I hate to drag you into a bunch of explaining to a n00b, but could you elaborate a little bit on how I would tangibly go about this?

Do I need to revert the firmware back to "stock" on the router first? Can I use the cheapest $50 ZTE Blade phone they sell?

Thanks
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

jwc5z wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:53 pm Interesting... I hate to drag you into a bunch of explaining to a n00b, but could you elaborate a little bit on how I would tangibly go about this?

Do I need to revert the firmware back to "stock" on the router first? Can I use the cheapest $50 ZTE Blade phone they sell?

Thanks
I use the cheapest phone they sold for mine, so yep!

You shouldnt need to do anything but change the APN (Modem->Connection Profile->APN) to
vsblinternet
Then change the items I mentioned above and you're good. Commands are under the Modem-Misc->AT command terminal and TTL/HL are under Network->Firewall_. tabs at the top look for Custom TTL or something similar. Also there is an article I wrote on this site about TTL/HL you may want to read.
jwc5z

Post by jwc5z »

Thanks, I appreciate the help!

I ordered the $50 phone which should be here tomorrow and I'll give this a try
jwc5z

Post by jwc5z »

Well the phone didn't come in today but I got the router/modem working tonight using the SIM from my phone. I should've done this months ago. I couldn't find the IPV4 and IPV6 enabled section but I guess they already were since it works.

Is there anything I can do in the settings to bypass the 5 Mbps cap?

It also occurred to me now that I probably didn't even need to buy the actual phone and should have done the SIM only option and just activated it in my current phone.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

jwc5z wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:51 pm Well the phone didn't come in today but I got the router/modem working tonight using the SIM from my phone. I should've done this months ago. I couldn't find the IPV4 and IPV6 enabled section but I guess they already were since it works.

Is there anything I can do in the settings to bypass the 5 Mbps cap?
cap is bypassed by TTL/HL settings, lol. ;)

go to Advanced: IPV6 turn on (Static for newer firmware)

Then click on the TTL button on the same page as the IPV6 and enable custom. enter 64 or 65 for both IPV4 and IPV6.

IF it still throttles, and it's not just your area has low speeds, then change your 4G connection to manual APN and change the connection protocol to IPV4/IPV6 as well.
login and password (on that 4G setup page) blank and NONE for confirmation or encryption type or something. (cant remember what it is called but the options are something like NONE, PCAP, etc.)
Screenshot 2021-09-21 194409.png
something like this.
jwc5z wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:51 pm It also occurred to me now that I probably didn't even need to buy the actual phone and should have done the SIM only option and just activated it in my current phone.
Yep, until they start IMEI checking. Which they seem to be doing more of lately. Likely only on high data users for now. "High data use" being a fluid/dynamic arbitrary parameter atm.

Return to “General and Unclassified”