Did something change with Verizon or Mofi4500 recently?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Lamengamin
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Did something change with Verizon or Mofi4500 recently?

Post by Lamengamin »

I've been using my Mofi4500 on Verizon Network (via tablet sim card) for a year and a half now without issue, until tonight. I got a message saying I only have 10% of my hotspot data left. I guessing I will be throttled down to something ridiculous shortly. Why now? Did something change? I'm still setup in router as TTL 118 which returns ping of 117. Its been that way for over a year. I'm in rural America and run everthing in the house on that wifi connection. Surely this is not the fisrt time we've exceeded 15 gb. I'm sure we did it daily. Is it a coincidence that it happend on the same day as a Windows update?
steveg

Re: Did something change with Verizon or Mofi4500 recently?

Post by steveg »

Been lots of chatter lately about verizon and visible going to crap with various issues. It does seem something has changed. Only thing I can suggest is try some different TTL settings and see if helps stop the hotspot bleed, 65,64,67 etc.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Verizon seems to be getting deeper into device imei, meid, VID PID, and FID identification. Possibly through Deep Packet Inspection. Its hard to tell.

Verizon has always been the ones, even illegally in the past, to push the boundary of data use policing. Seems they are back at it.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

We have a little more than a couple thousand subscribers and have not seen any issues or been getting any uptick in support from our subscribers or our dealers, your problem is likely a local issue or perhaps your setup, we never use 118 for vzw, it needs to be 66, well depending on how you are setting it, when we set it, it cannot decrement no matter how many times the data jumps it is hardcoded at 66, if how you write it it can still decrement then if it only jumps one time you need it to be 67 for both V4 and V6 or just disable V6

Return to “General and Unclassified”