NEXQ6GO and mwan3

Topics related to WiFiX branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
farotherside
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEXQ6GO and mwan3

Post by farotherside »

hello,

I purchased a NEXQ6GO from thewirelesshaven.com a month ago, and I'm configuring it now. this installation is on a cruising sailboat.

I have installed a Sierra Wireless MC7455 into the device, and it recognizes and can route through it. I also have a Ubiquiti Bullet attached to the WAN port of the device.

I want to be able to easily switch between which WAN device is providing internet service to the boat - when I'm in range of a marina wifi access point, obviously I'd rather use that than my bandwidth-capped LTE connection. I would like to install and use mwan3 to do this.

when I try to install the mwan3 software from either the web UI or the CLI, I get the following error:
Collected errors:
* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for luci-app-mwan3:
* kernel (= 4.9.211-1-2b8f9dfe583e5c09aadd9474da55137f)
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package luci-app-mwan3.
I'm running GoldenOrb_2021-09-10 which *does* have kernel 4.9.211, so the mwan3 package maintainer is setting the dependency on the specific build used in OpenWRT. so I guess my question is - is there a known GoldenOrb firmware that will work with the OpenWRT repo to let me install mwan3? I tried forcing the install and it bricked the device, I had to restore GoldenOrb from the weird chinese bootloader thingy.

am I better to try to get a stock OpenWRT firmware on here and figure out MC7455 support, or stick with this firmware and try to figure out mwan3 support?

I need to be able to easily (and I mean like 'train non-computer-literate crew to perform this task' easily, so setting default routes manually is not it) switch between the WAN routes...
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXQ6GO and mwan3

Post by Didneywhorl »

Return to “WiFiX Routers”