Help a Noob - Build a device to bypass Visible Hotspot Throttle

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rizzader
Been thanked: 0

Help a Noob - Build a device to bypass Visible Hotspot Throttle

Post by Rizzader »

Hello,

Sorry if this has been answered before in other ways, but I’m not as tech savvy as I used to think I am. Currently have a visible wireless sim in a 8800l as our main source of internet, due to no other options. Looking to get passed the 5mb cap on speeds. Verizon is lightning fast in our area. Could someone tell me what components (bonus points for links) I would need to buy to build a device? I’d rather not have a cell phone tethered to another device if possible, but will do so if I have to. Wifi network and at least one Ethernet port would be preferred as well. Thanks in advance!
Rich Hathaway

Re: Help a Noob - Build a device to bypass Visible Hotspot Throttle

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Your 8800L can bypass the throttle, but if you need a ethernet port try the M1 or M5 from netgear they both can also bypass the throttle with a little work and save u some money from not having to buy an expensive setup.
Rizzader
Been thanked: 0

Re: Help a Noob - Build a device to bypass Visible Hotspot Throttle

Post by Rizzader »

Is it a custom firmware I would have to install on the Mifi? I could get by without ethernet if I saved some $$$.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”