Quectel EM12-G CAT12 Visible TTL settings, working for laptop but smartphone SLUGGISH

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
daren721

Quectel EM12-G CAT12 Visible TTL settings, working for laptop but smartphone SLUGGISH

Post by daren721 »

using WIFIX NexQ6GO and Quectel EM12-G CAT12 - VIsible internet

I started with a TTL setting of 64, which made everything suck, couldn't get more than like 5 mbps down.

Switched to TTL 65 and windows laptop connectivity was great! 40mbps sometimes, depending on where I am. But when I hook up to wifi with my android smartphone, it SUCKS. Very strange.... it seems like my smartphone doesn't like that TTL setting.

Anyone ever experience this, and know of a solution?
gscheb

Re: Quectel EM12-G CAT12 Visible TTL settings, working for laptop but smartphone SLUGGISH

Post by gscheb »

Yes was having that issue last time I was using Visible. Never found a solution for it. Is your laptop 2.4 WiFi only? Mine is.
daren721

Re: Quectel EM12-G CAT12 Visible TTL settings, working for laptop but smartphone SLUGGISH

Post by daren721 »

yea 2.4 only on my thinkpad

weird right? I dont know what would cause the laptop to work, but not the cell. So strange. Hoping someone eventually sees this who figured it out!
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Always wondered if the 2.4 only had something to do with it. Or if there is something about older devices that they can't catch.