Noob - lt500 with visible

klawk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Noob - lt500 with visible

Post by klawk »

Hello, I'm trying to get my lt500 working with visible, I put in the sim but when I try connect it after setting up the APN settings to Verizon or visible it just stays stuck on "connecting". I'm not sure where to go from here, and im not sure if it's the TTL settings or how to change them.
Didneywhorl

Re: Noob - lt500 with visible

Post by Didneywhorl »

You have to go to the AT Command terminal, then change the modem to MBIM mode, then change it back to QMI.

I have no idea why that works, but it does. I would also reboot it. Give it time to make changes between commands.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The APN should've auto-populated. It did on mine,
prasta

Post by prasta »

klawk wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:16 am Hello, I'm trying to get my lt500 working with visible, I put in the sim but when I try connect it after setting up the APN settings to Verizon or visible it just stays stuck on "connecting". I'm not sure where to go from here, and im not sure if it's the TTL settings or how to change them.
Hey Klawk, did you get this figured out? I just got my router and sim in the mail today, and having similiar issues!
steveg

Post by steveg »

prasta wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:38 pm Hey Klawk, did you get this figured out? I just got my router and sim in the mail today, and having similiar issues!
Did you already try the first reply steps?
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

With Visible and others you need to activate the SIM first before placing in the LTE router. It needs to be activated in a phone, make a call and txt, do a bit of data via browsing etc. Once you've done that and verified the SIM is working in a phone you can move over to the LTE router. Once in the router make sure the APN and TTL are setup for your provider.
prasta

Post by prasta »

steveg wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:12 pm Did you already try the first reply steps?
I did. I've gotten it up and running with some help from Mich at The Wireless Haven, thanks Mich!

Now I'm working on getting it optimized; what TTL and MTU values are y'all running? Are there other tweaks for squeezing every last bit of performance out of this thing that I should be doing?
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

prasta wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:16 pm I did. I've gotten it up and running with some help from Mich at The Wireless Haven, thanks Mich!

Now I'm working on getting it optimized; what TTL and MTU values are y'all running? Are there other tweaks for squeezing every last bit of performance out of this thing that I should be doing?
What was the fix?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Typically the issue is in the main settings. You have to set it up with the APN manually set to vsblinternet (I know there is an auto visible option, but no no!) Then make sure the APN is set to IPV4V6 type. None for Authentication type. blank for password, etc.

Also set it to No roaming, 4G only.

These are the biggest issues I see when people set it for Visible.

I'll try to take some time to write up a tutorial with step by step pictures.

I need a time turner.
Samcraig

Post by Samcraig »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:15 pm You have to go to the AT Command terminal, then change the modem to MBIM mode, then change it back to QMI.

I have no idea why that works, but it does. I would also reboot it. Give it time to make changes between commands.
How do you do that? Just got mine today and can't connect
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Samcraig wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:00 pm How do you do that? Just got mine today and can't connect

I've found this is no longer needed.

Install the latest firmware and then ensure first that you have IPV6 enabled (advanced menu) then on the 4g connection setup make sure you choose ipv4 / ipv6 PDP type under where you enter the APN. Authentication NONE.
Screenshot 2021-09-21 194409.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
InternetOG

Post by InternetOG »

Hi Didneywhorl. I just got a new unit in today and have had an activated SIM card for about a month. I did everything you said in the last post, still stuck on “connecting”. I have not tried the at command cause I don’t see where to access it. I did not receive any email with a link. Any help would be great thank you
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I've found that the AT commands aren't needed if the settings are done properly. I responded with my thoughts on your other post.
ChrisW

Post by ChrisW »

Having No luck trying to connect a activated sim in this router, tried above settings and new settings from visible with TTL, I'm thinking they cut non phone use off like ATT

Return to “Cudy”