New to LTE Internet

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
KingGGs

New to LTE Internet

Post by KingGGs »

Hello All,

Been Lurkin In this forum doing my research before I post a question.

So I am moving into my new construction house and I don't have any option other than Crappy Dish Satalite Internet , While I know that Dish can be good in some areas but that wont be usuable in my use-case. So I started Looking at LTE Internet and stumbled upon this gem. So I need atleast 50 mbps download and 20mbps upload for 5 people using it concurrently, I have AT&T Postpaid Unlimited Elite Family Plan and where I am moving into they have 3 Towers with bands 2, 4, 12, 14, 17, 66 ,30 and I am hoping to use AT&T with a custom Router with a LTE chip. I have tested their speeds with an iPhone XS MAX and my iPad Pro 12.9 4th Gen(2020) and they have given me constant 200 Download and 70-95 Upload. I have 4x 698-2700MHZ 3G 4G Directional Outdoor Cellular Yagi Antenna N Female 4G LTE.

Here are my needs.
1.) Recommend me an LTE Modem for future proofing my network (Just need something thats inexpensive that would do 100 down and 50 up).
2.) I will need to use AT commands to change IMEI for the phone plan that will be using in the router.
3.) I use a OPNSense box with wired APs so I dont want wifi capable router but will Need a 1 gig port.
4.) I would love to use Verizon later down the line for dual carrier usablility.

Any help would be appriciated.
gscheb

Re: New to LTE Internet

Post by gscheb »

Have you checked to see if TMobile or Verizon home LTE service is available?
KingGGs

Post by KingGGs »

gscheb wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:40 pm Have you checked to see if TMobile or Verizon home LTE service is available?

Yes, Sadly They are not yet available in my area maybe because they only have 2 towers each.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Some people get T-Mobile by using different address for sign up. Friend or family members house. Also put your name on the waiting list.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

KingGGs

Post by KingGGs »

gscheb wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:05 pm Don't have to do trickery could just use the AT&T post pay tablet plan.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?t=2367
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2430
https://www.reddit.com/r/ATT/comments/l ... unlimited/
Yes atm I will be using the $20 tablet plan since i have the Ipad pro 12.9 and I am looking for a solution on how to build a lte router that wil give me the best speeds for my homelab neeeds. and also I was hoping to use the AT commands to change the imei to that of the tablet on the lte module.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

What I am saying don't need to change anything with post pay tablet plan. I have never ever changed anything. Just stick the sim in and go. AT&T is strong LTE. Have got 80 to 90 down with not so good signal and a category 4 modem.
The 50 up will be the harder thing to get.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Still wanting to see if this is a real thing or not? Time will tell.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2993
KingGGs

Post by KingGGs »

gscheb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:17 am Still wanting to see if this is a real thing or not? Time will tell.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2993
I belive they are starting to do that by checking IMEI on the devices and shutting them off if the device imei is an non LTE tablet.
KingGGs

Post by KingGGs »

gscheb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:12 am What I am saying don't need to change anything with post pay tablet plan. I have never ever changed anything. Just stick the sim in and go. AT&T is strong LTE. Have got 80 to 90 down with not so good signal and a category 4 modem.
The 50 up will be the harder thing to get.
My last Hope for a cheaper way to get interent would be that I use a Netgear Nighthawk M1 MR1100 as it has CAT 16 and 4 Band Carrier Aggrigation and use that 1 gig Etherent Port with my OPNsense Box.

Return to “General and Unclassified”