SMS with EM7565 / WG-3526 on Page Plus

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
tetranz

SMS with EM7565 / WG-3526 on Page Plus

Post by tetranz »

This might be basically the same problem as https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3100 except that I'm just using the admin UI.

I've had this device for a month or so and still experimenting with plans etc. I had Net10 on AT&T for a month and everything worked well including sending and receiving SMS messages from the admin menu.

This month I'm trying Page Plus on Verizon. Data works well but SMS does not. Trying to send results in a "timed out" popup. The debug log shows

Code: Select all

/dev/ttyUSB2 SMS sending failed
Messages sent to the number are not received unless I put the SIM back in a phone.

Any ideas? It's not a big deal but it would be nice if there is a solution. SMS was useful on Net10 to check usage etc.
Didneywhorl

Re: SMS with EM7565 / WG-3526 on Page Plus

Post by Didneywhorl »

I think it has something to do with the exact way Verizon handles texts. This has been worked on, but I don't know the solution myself.
tetranz

Re: SMS with EM7565 / WG-3526 on Page Plus

Post by tetranz »

Yeah, I haven't solved it but it doesn't really matter.

Probably unrelated but just an interesting thing I noticed. I'm into my third week on Page Plus and the first week or so the modem network status showed Provider as HOME, then it was VERIZON for a week or so and now I just noticed it's back to HOME.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”