Sim Compatibility to Mc7455?

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
habituallimit
Has thanked: 0

Sim Compatibility to Mc7455?

Post by habituallimit »

Hi I'm new to 4G LTE hacking. I just ordered a bunch of equipment from The Wireless Haven and now am trying to be a bit preemptive with my knowledge. I found out my MC7455 modem has a IMEI which led me down a bit of a rabbit hole. I have the BYOD Sprint plan unlimited data activated and was wondering if the sim I activated the plan on has to also be compatible with the MC7455?
swwifty

Re: Sim Compatibility to Mc7455?

Post by swwifty »

Usually carriers require you to have a device that is compatible with their network.

As far as I know though, the MC7455 will work just fine with sprint.
habituallimit

Post by habituallimit »

Seems about right from what I read. It seems Sprint unlike other carriers simply swapping a sim to another device will not work. One has to report the IMEI of the new device to sprint before it will work on their network.

I avoided getting a Cradlepoint router because of issues it may have connecting into the sprint network as well as it does not seem to have much support (from what I see), and the MC7455 on the craddlepoint apparently has custom firmware on it (craddlepoints are to many unknowns for me). Apparently craddlepoints need a specific sprint sim card to connect onto the sprint network (the SIMGLW106Q).

Cradlepoint LP6 Sprint SIM Card SIMGLW106Q 2FF
https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/accessories/cra ... imglw106q/

I looked more into the SIMGLW106Q sim card and found out this particular sim is made to be compatible for modems such as the MC7455 (not sure if this is common or uncommon with other carriers). I'm just a bit curious if down the line if I can swap sim/IMEI from cell directly to MC7455. It's apparently fairly easy to swap sims/IMEI through a automated sprint chat.

Sprint SIMGLW106Q SIM Cards
https://bestcellular.com/product/simglw106q/

I was a bit surprised on the sprint reddit they were talking exactly about the plan I'm on and went into details about sprint and the type of sims you need if you plan to use the MC7455 card.

Activating MC7455 Sierra Wireless card
https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comment ... less_card/
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

The MC7455 will accept most Sprint service plans when running the generic firmware and does not necessarily need to be provisioned for their network.

To provision a device, Sprint does use the IMEI and requires a Sprint SIM Card that is compatible with the device.

[Mod edit, Mobile Swap Shop no longer offers their services]

Note that The Wireless Haven is not involved in the device swap/activation process and assumes no liability on the outcome or for the renewal of service. We would recommend to never allow the hotspot service plan to elapse.
Steve2277
Been thanked: 0

Post by Steve2277 »

The link for Mobile Swap Shop is broken, Can you provide an update or other contact information?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Steve2277 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:38 pm The link for Mobile Swap Shop is broken, Can you provide an update or other contact information?
They no longer are offering their services.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”