upload download speeds

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
brcisna
Been thanked: 0

upload download speeds

Post by brcisna »

Hello All,

Brand new to the cellular setup for internet

Curious what others are getting in regards to download vs upload speeds?
Our new homie Vizable setup, after getting modem situated in best signal spot am getting sometimes 50 Mbps down but only 1.5 Mbps upload. Not complaining a bit as we are in the sticks,and have gotten 1.5 Mbps for the last ten years. We do upload a few history videos,,to youtube so upload speed is a factor for us.

Thanks
Adm1jtg

Re: upload download speeds

Post by Adm1jtg »

Speeds vary greatly not only by location and setup but also by weather, time of day and tower utilization.

Even which site you use for testing can give different results. Speedtest.net randomly changes testing servers and different speedtest.net servers give different results.

All that said I have seen claims of downloads as fast as 150 meg and as slow as about 3. Upload is always much slower then download in almost all cases.

If your hoping to get better upload speeds you can try "bandlocking" meaning forcing a specific frequency band or group of bands in order to get the best possible results. In my own person case for example my router/modem would always choose to use band 5, band 5 was not ythe strongest or the fastest but it would always defualt to using it. After a good amount of testing i found the best band for my use was actually band 66 and locked the frequency to 66.

You may want to try some testing to determine your best band and maybe eek out a little better upload speed. Also see if your upload speeds are better in the early morning.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Have seen greater uploads after adding outdoor antennas.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Adm1jtg wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:13 pm
All that said I have seen claims of downloads as fast as 150 meg and as slow as about 3. Upload is always much slower then download in almost all cases.
See a speed test claim :D

This was with the T-Mobile Trash Can Modem with NO external antenna
with 4G Band-66, Used the modem wiFi to my phone.

Note the low ping and the fast speed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”